Dashboard illuminations

Started by Anonymous, November 24, 2003, 09:23

Anonymous

The other night I was happily driving through the city with my lights until I got to a set of traffic lights where I seemed to wait for an eternity.

While I waited I started looking about my dashboard and noticed the dials and switches to the right of the steering wheel don't illuminate.  I'm talking about:

The door lock
The windows lock
The instrument panel brightness wheel
...and the other one which I can't remember.

The dials to the left of the wheel do light up (A/C and heated rear window buttons).

Is this by design or do I simply need to replace a bulb somewhere?

Mike.

Tem

They don't light up.

There's a bulb/led in one of the switches though, so you can make it light. But apparently it looks a bit weird, if only one of them is lit.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

The door lock button IS illuminated (green though   s:? :? s:?  ), but for some strange reason it is not connected. A few of the guys over at SC have connected it with no issues, although thety say it does look odd!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Guess that's what happens when you borrow switchgear from other cars.

Anonymous

on the 03 model we have our front fog light switch there and that does light up, but none of the others do.

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"The door lock button IS illuminated (green though   s:? :? s:?  ), but for some strange reason it is not connected. A few of the guys over at SC have connected it with no issues, although thety say it does look odd!

Yeah, it's green.

I guess the reason for it not being connected is that it does look weird, being the only lit switch and wrong color too  s:) :) s:)

It's just a switch from some other model, cheaper to install them and unuse the light than design a new switch without the light and produce only few of them...few compared to the millions that go for other models anyway  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: