not a good day

Started by kanujunkie, May 21, 2007, 17:06

aaronjb

I'm at work tomorrow afternoon  s;) ;) s;)  (I know, you're a layabout student now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

And tomorrow evening I have to go see a man about a dog, Wednesday the bodykit is meant to be turning up..

And it's going in Thursday, right? D'oh!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

rtbiscuit

what kit you getting arron
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

aaronjb

We're going to be twins, Rich  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

rtbiscuit

you getting the full TRD kit then!

good for you,

are you going to spray it yourself   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Previous cars:

aaronjb

We'll see  s:) :) s:)

Anyway, back to Stu's car  s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

well i've only got to get her back home from work now and then my good old ma has lent me her civic for a few days  s:D :D s:D  lets hope the boys in the garage can work wonders, if not then i guess Mark and myself will be doing 2 boxes on Monday  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

rtbiscuit

i'm on half term as of friday evening, so if you guys want a hand, let me know

Previous cars:

philster_d

I have that huge mitsubishi twincab flatbed thing today so call me if you get stuck and we can use it somehow. Shold be finnished here by about half 3.

Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"well i've only got to get her back home from work now and then my good old my has lent me her civic for a few days  s:D :D s:D  lets hope the boys in the garage can work wonders, if not then i guess Mark and myself will be doing 2 boxes on Monday  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Hi Stu, sorry to hear that about your gearbox too  s:( :( s:(

I know the problem.... VERY WELL  s:D :D s:D

If you need some dealers having 2003+ MR2 gearbox in stock, let me know, I think i've found mine, and I have some others quoted.

Feel free to contact me.

Regards.

Ben

kanujunkie

cheers Guys   s:D :D s:D  

my plan is to get the fault confirmed by toyota on thursday, the reason i need it confirmed is that the fluid was documented as being changed by another toyota dealer at 35K(i'm now at 70K), but following the state of the quality of work from that garage it entirely possible that they didn't do the work and that the fluid level is low. TBH i'm probably clutching at straws but its worth a look. If it is gone then Mark and myself are going to chuck a 6speed non LSD box in temporarily whilst i get mine reconditioned and then swap them back later
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

defects confirmed by Mr.T, main shaft bearings have gone  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

oops
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"defects confirmed by Mr.T, main shaft bearings have gone  s:( :( s:(

And you have the 6spd, wonder when the bearing p/no changed?

Anyway - with the box off that's an easier fix than you think.. in fact, if you want, we can dismantle the casing and all you need is the bearings pressing out & new ones pressing in..

spit

For us paranoid and talentless ones, how do you go about diagnosing when your main shaft bearings are nearly f'barred?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

well there was the noise of course coming from the left side of the engine bay, the obvious bit. This became louder as you speeded up but when the clutch was dissengaged from the engine and the engine was revved whilst moveing still, the whineing noise stays at the same level, this then put the problem from the clutch down. Of course the defect could still be with the thrust bearing, although Abbey said traditionally its the internal bearings  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]

loadswine

Sorry to hear that the box is knackered Stu. I can try and pitch in with help too if needed. Are you doing both on monday?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

markiii

Starting Sunday, anyone who wants to come along and assist is welcome
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

rtbiscuit

i think i might pop round on the monday possibly the sunday

Previous cars:

kanujunkie

the more the merrier please, i have a feeling that the more minds the better on this, theres a distinct possibility that the little bit could trip us up

like bleeding that bloody clutch  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: