Project run Wabbit run ... probably not 56k friendly

Started by Wabbitkilla, May 27, 2007, 18:54

heathstimpson

Congrats on the weight loss; that is a massive amount in a few months  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Car looks very nice indeedy  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

enid_b

Nic, i really did think you had lost some weight when i saw you today. but its not one of those things i would mention in case i was wrong and offended.  but yeah, come to think about it, slim jim, its falling off you.

still chuckling about you waking me up this afternoon !!!!

anyhow, for the less intelligent amongst us, that dont get the plate, here is what you will see in the mirror

Good work chap

J
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Liz

I think that it looks stunning - I thought mine was shiny - but its not as shiny as that - top job - and come on - you have to spill the beans on your weight loss - how did you do it, but guessing by the amount and the time span, a VLCD?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Looks good Nic, I like the number plate.  s:D :D s:D  

Did you lose the weight through sweating while you we cleaning your car?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

That looks fantastic Nic  s8) 8) s8)  Good choice with the spoiler,  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   I think it's the first red 2 I've seen with that type fitted before.

Ste told me about the plate on Friday it looks even better now I've seen it on the car  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Rob

kanujunkie

thats brilliant Nic, Mark told me about it yesterday but even funnier in the flesh
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Chris_h

All looking good Nick - including your good self!

Must admit, I wondered who the slim gent was in those pics from Scotland   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  The best power to weight mod is the cheapest!

I am really looking forward to seeing / hearing your car now - surely an excuse for a mini North Wales blat??
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

ratmat02

It will only get dirty again you know  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Good work young man.
black,53 reg,red leather,TTE springs,Che manifold,Markiii inlet pipe.Devs keyhole covers.Sony stereo that makes my ariel go up and down!
Fabia VRS fu\'t wife.

Silverman

s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?   Nic,
                      How have you managed to lose so much bodyweight since January?  I certainly wouldn't want to get a girlie type slimming section going on our ROCster site, but if you have lost that much weight so quickly, there must be a very good technique/reason.  No wonder your car was going so well on the recent Scottish trip!  Are you well??
Regards, S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

spit

He is well S'man. In fact, I don't think we've seen him in such good form for quite some time...

I know Nic and I started it   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  but [Mod] I think its probably time to draw a line under the organic modifications now and focus back on the inorganic stuff [/Mod]

I really wasn't a fan of that spoiler until I saw it in the ...erm... flesh (  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) Nic. But i have to say its awesome.

Now, if i can just persuade Liz to swap boot lids so I can start again......   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Wabbitkilla

Thanks for all your kind comments peeps.
I'm quite well, in fact very well, haven't felt this good in years in fact.

Right, next stage sees the PFC going in this weekend coming and hopefully i'll get my calipers painted - weather permitting.

I now have a set of droplinks, and c-one anti-roll bars are on order from Dave.

I won a c-one rear strut tower brace on e-Bay (sorry if i bid against anyone here), which i'm thinking of having coated in the same red/black colour scheme i used on the front Cusco.

Acceleration is at times kick-ass, and the glorious noise of Apexi intake and Janspeed together is simply awesome. A Golf GTi seemed to be upset on the way home  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Liz

Quote from: "spit"Now, if i can just persuade Liz to swap boot lids so I can start again......   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'd be up for that, but you can't have my TTE fan - I wubs it!  s:) :) s:) ....and Steve would have to polish the rest of my car to match your boot!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

NorthandSouth

Nic I love that number plate its just soooo cool   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Car looks great....oh and so do you btw   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Lynne   s:P :P s:P
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

celmacmat

Poor Wabbits... They won't have a chance   s:( :( s:(  

Love the car Nic... coming along nicely   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Anonymous

Nic the car looks fantastic and I love the number plate.
fantastic

Chris

Quote from: "kanujunkie"thats brilliant Nic, Mark told me about it yesterday but even funnier in the flesh

Yeah likewise, couldn't quite picture it when mark was telling us about it but it looks pretty cool in the pic!  loving the shiney look..   s:D :D s:D
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Well i've now spent a pretty boring day in Chesterfield.

Stayed overnight and took the car to Noble Motorsport for 9am.
Handed over the keys and had a chat with the chap who was going to install my Apexi Power FC and tune it.

Then went for a walk into town.
The market was on so i had a sniff around and then went to visit nearly every shop in town. Bought a pair of shades to replace the always getting broken pair i've just binned. Had lunch at a health food place i used to visit and got more bored, so wandered back to sit in Nobles waiting area and read about fast fords and classic racing cars. This place is tidy, clean, has plenty of room in the workshop which had a classic Merc in a corner, a Triumph Stag lifted up for front suspension work and find a water leak, a Turboed Astra GTE, a C Class Merc getting chipped and away over the far side i could hear my baby screaming behind a cinder block wall. There's only so many mags you can read before boredom sets in again, and i wandered around the collection of Sti's, a Noble M12 and a Nissan 350Z, a Nissan Almera Turbo etc in the car park. The sun was out and it was perfect topless driving weather.

At 4:30 a strangely quietly red MR2 comes around to the doors and hey, hang on a minute someone's tamed the beast. The PFC is in situ and the full day is gone on setting it up. Now i've never been convinced about the PFC, I was a Greddy man - until i blew a fuse!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I'm rather glad i blew that fuse now, because the figures are in.....

da da daaah

Yes boys & girls - that IS 163.8 Normally aspirated bhp!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I'm now home and i can say driveability is hugely improved, acceleration is progressive and smooth and i can now safely bimble at 30mph in 4th - wow! Oh and i no longer have a barking mad exhaust note and can cruise on the motorway without the assistance of earplugs.

What d'you think? Is that good??? Eh, eh, is it???
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Oh and i no longer have a barking mad exhaust note
s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

However, that is some serious power so I think I'll let you off. Terrific numbers Nic!  s:D :D s:D

VVT-i

Congratulations Nic.. excellent figures   s:D :D s:D  

I hope mine drives as good as you say yours does... Nobles must be getting good with Roadsters now lol.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

heathstimpson

Very impressive Nic  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

northernalex

Fantastic figures Nic...!! looks amazing!!

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

markiii

hmm I reckon with cams, zero manifold, PPE intake and flywheel you coudl get that damn close to 200  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

I was blessed with a pax ride from Nic as he detoured on his way home tonight.  s8) 8) s8)  .... and we did mention cams more than once Mark   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Wow!! The way his car feels now is absolutely stunning. Turbo kick is a hoot, but the way that this n/a just nudges you consistently from pootle to redline is something I miss.

The exhaust still has that urgent growl to it, but the sharp rasp that used to be there has been replaced with a more rounded tone.

Very, very impressed.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Hey Nic welcome to the club  s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I thought you already had a different fly wheel.

What did they say about the torque, can it be improved with a different manifold / cams etc ?????

Rob

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "markiii"hmm I reckon with cams, zero manifold, PPE intake and flywheel you coudl get that damn close to 200  :-) :-) :-)

Food for thought, current spec which gave this result is;
Apexi Power intake
Bored and flowed throttle body
Greddy Iridium spark plugs
Che Manifold
Janspeed full exhaust
TRD lightened flywheel.
Apexi PowerFC

No more power mods this year i think, handling mods are planned.
I'm pretty pleased with power and delivery for now, i was astonished when i saw the sheet. But remember this engine produced 141.6bhp with just the Markiii pipe! Current mileage is 41000, an still doesn't use a drop of oil (touch wood), but weeps a little from the cam chain tensioner - something i need to tackle soon.

Tags: