Smoke from the exhaust

Started by Anonymous, May 31, 2007, 18:03

northernalex

Quote from: "simonmr2"That is the same problem that ECC say is wrong with my turbo and that there is a lot of movement in the rotors. Having spoke to Matt he has a other theory about the seals and the vacume when the car is idleing as there is now 3 cases of the same problem. He is collecting info on it and is going to contact TTE to se what they have to say about it.

Also the Garrett turbo could be reconditioned if it is bust but you would be looking at £500ish for this. I really need TTE to sort out the problem and get my car running back to 100%.

Surely you're warrenty is with SP and not with TTE?
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

The werrenty for the turbo is with TTE and not SP as they only fit it bit I believe that they will sort the werrenty claimout if needed. Long term who knows all I know is that my problem has been getting worse over the last 3 months.

I sent Matt a clip of video of the smoke and am about to sent him a email with the exact detials of my car mileage since turbo etc so when he contacts TTE he has all the info.

northernalex

Quote from: "simonmr2"The werrenty for the turbo is with TTE and not SP as they only fit it bit I believe that they will sort the werrenty claimout if needed. Long term who knows all I know is that my problem has been getting worse over the last 3 months.

I sent Matt a clip of video of the smoke and am about to sent him a email with the exact detials of my car mileage since turbo etc so when he contacts TTE he has all the info.

Oh I was under the impression that one of the reasons the whole thing was so expensive was that SP provided a warrenty..
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

enid_b

forgive me northern chums.

as you know i have problems with people saying brought instead of bought.

but this one i have to correct.

the word is WARRANTY !!!! i only point it out alex, as the link you posted dunt wurk.

when you change the spelling to the correct one, its actually a very good site.  i put my details in and its offered me one for about 22 quid per month.

chins up big guys.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Liz

Is there a co-incidence that the Turbos are having problems which have had the 240 (225) conversion?  Would TTE cover them in that case?

Incidentally I noticed my heat wrap starting to go on the car in the same place as pictured above...I put some wire around it in the hope that it will keep it in place.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I've not had the SP240 and I'm definately having problems

Anonymous

My car is the only SP 240 that is having problems the other 2 people that are having problems are standard TTET's. I am sure that TTE/SP will sort it out in the end. When I do get it sorted I willbe looking for some serious heat wrating as the stuff on atm is all starting to go now.

BenF

Quote from: "aaronjb"Also - see if you can find out the spec of the turbo and the boost pressure the upgrade runs it at.. I'd love to see how hard the envelope on these is being pushed - dying in a year suggests very hard indeed.

I had a quick look at the 'standard' TTE conversion done to Liz's Roadster a few weeks back. Comparing it to the PE kit, the compressor housing does look to be bigger and so probably more efficient at compressing air than the PE at the expense (possibly) of a little more lag.

As for boost levels and power - with my PE setup, 7psi gives 235bhp after a recent remap at Perfect Touch - but going to higher boost levels just gives you more mid-range torque but the same peak power - probably as the turbo flow is max'ed out anyway near redline.

Driving @ 7psi the car feels less laggy and more progressive than at 10psi - but at 10psi there is a lot more mid-range torque.

I'm surprised though to hear that a few of the Garrett turbo based TTE kits are experiencing early life failures though. My PE kit has probably 60k miles on it and at my last check back in May was still in great condition.

Ben.
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

Anonymous

I've been having a lot of embarrassing commutes on the north circular, stuck in traffic, chucking out blue smoke. I decided to contact TTE direct to get some information on this problem. Here is my email to them and also the response.....

I have an MR2 Roadster TTE turbo (turbo conversion done March 06 by Silverstone Performance). I have noticed a lot of blue smoke from the exhaust during periods of engine idle. I have been informed that TTE know about this issue and it is due to the oil drain pipe from the turbo and that a revised part was shipped with the TTE turbo kits at some point after my installation. The part numbers I am refering to on my installation are....
14-4 pipe, oil runback AM869-79000
14-5 Hose, connection to oil pan AM869-80000
Please could you confirm that these parts have been revised and tell me how to get hold of the new parts?
Thanks for your help

Hello Matt,
thank you for your inquiry.
The mentioned parts are revised to solve this problem. Please be so kind and contact Silverstone to order these parts. Matt Lee ( e mailto:matt@silverstoneperformance.co.uk">matt@silverstoneperformance.co.uk e )  is your contact person.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind regards,
Toyota Motorsport GmbH

So, finally this can get fixed. It's totally been ruining my enjoyment of this car.

Anonymous

Brfore my car went to the big scrap yard in the sky I was talking to Matt @ SP and was going to get pics of the oil return line and he is aware that it was updated to help the flow of the oil. I think that you got the car off another member who was the second TTET fitted at SP so it would be the early oil return line. Give Matt a bell he will sort it out.

Anonymous

Last time I was at SP, Matt looked at my oil return and confirmed it looked like I had the early part. I'm just waiting for SP to get the revised parts.

Anonymous

Fixed   s:D :D s:D  

SP fitted the revised oil drain on Friday for me and I'm totally chuffed to say that I no longer smoke at idle! WoooHooo   s:) :) s:)  

SP also managed to get TTE to foot the bill   s:) :) s:)  

Very happy with SP for everything they have done for me on this one   s8) 8) s8)

Tags: