Creak on breaking

Started by dancarbon, November 27, 2003, 08:40

dancarbon

When the 2 comes to a rest after breaking there is a large creak from the front end  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Has anyone else sufferred this or similar?
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

GSB

It might be that the pads are a bit glazed? Mine was doing this, but it was magically cured by a dickhead cutting me up at about 80mph. One very abrupt stop later, the creak had gone.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Same here, I get it after I have been driving for a while, but a bit of heavy braking cleans the glaze off and it stops.
Annoying though, isn't it? It's more noticable with my bigger, heavier wheels, too.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Are you guys saying that you don't test the ABS every time you brake?  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"Are you guys saying that you don't test the ABS every time you brake?  s8) 8) s8)
Andy taught us on the driver training day NOT to use the ABS, he prooved you could brake quicker without it, so WE are the ones who are driving properly!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"he prooved you could brake quicker without it

I've noticed that...but damn it's tempting easy to just floor the pedal  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dancarbon

I thought it was the ABS just kicking in at the end of the brake at first, until I turned the radio off and listened to it.

I doubt that the pads are getting glazed - it get's driven every day pretty swiftly through what can only be described as a rush hour warzone.

I'll keep an eye on it - I have to get home quickly tonight so I shall heat thoise pads up good and proper!   s8) 8) s8)  

Thanks for your help guys.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Tags: