Started by Anonymous, November 22, 2003, 11:35

Anonymous

Have that, No its the bolts holding the Cusco bar together the ones you need the big allan key for.

kanujunkie

nospecific torques on those, just do them tight plus 1/4 turn. basically dont go silly on them, just make sure there secure
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Sorry to be a pain, but has anyone got a copy of Phils' templates, the link doesn't seem to be working.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Wabbitkilla

The guys over on SC have been very helpful...
 m http://spyderchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39290 m
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

charl1ey

Hello, looking at either Che or Cusco brace. Can't seem to get the cutting template to work in this thread?  Anyone still got this handy they could upload or email me? Many thanks
Driving my 2 is the most fun you can have... with your pants on.
\'Giggity Giggity - allll right!\'

FGrob

Quote from: "charl1ey"Hello, looking at either Che or Cusco brace. Can't seem to get the cutting template to work in this thread?  Anyone still got this handy they could upload or email me? Many thanks
Hi Alex

I've looked everywhere and I can't find it, the only thing I might be able to do is take an impression from mine, the basis of the template was the large circle which covered the suspension top.

The only other thing to do is put a request out on Spyderchat, there is a PDF doc on there but I can't get it to download it's from a 2007 thread, here's the link   m http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread ... e+template m

Thanks
Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

LeeUK

If you have no luck with a template, the way I installed when I used the plastics was by making a few pilot holes in the plastic to get my bearings then opened out the plastic with cutters and a file until it fitted. At least that way you won't be "out" should the template be out by a fraction. I also find it more rewarding having done it from scratch.  A file also helps give a nice professional finish.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

AmeR

I used the 2 plastic clip holes in the top corners and the strut bolts as guide points and made a cardboard template. Once you clip this to the plastics, you can make 3 holes each side, attach the strut brace and then mark round it.
After that's cut out, its just a few trial fitment attempts and a bit of fettling to make sure nothing fouls!! Worked perfectly for my TRD.

Tags: