Toyota MR2 TURBO in Essen Motorshow 2003

Started by MadMigMR2, November 30, 2003, 20:26

MadMigMR2

Found this 2 pictures:

The kit is very similar to the one tte showed last year with a v6 3000cc engine.

No pics from the engine compartment or specs   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Source:
http://www.auto-news.de/auto/news/anzeige.jsp?id=11295
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

Slacey

Just to point out, this is TTE's work   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

damn, put my name down for one of them!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Droooooool

Tem

I'm not into the kit...but where's the info about the turbo?  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Hi,

just to point out - there are no TTE marks anywhere on the car, and wheels are definetly not TTE design either, it might be some Toyota tuner as well.

What i picked up from ze german forums is that TTE had a silver turbo mr2 on the show... here is the info:

"Achievement: 180-200 HP
Torque: 230-250 Nm
0-100: 6-7 sec.
Vmax: 230 km/h
Consumption: 10-15% more highly and super PLUS!
Price: 4000-4500 Eur inclusive. Installation and TUEV with TTE in Cologne (1 day, for German MR2 not with dealer possible, but only with TTE)."

If TTE builds an turbo + intercooler, for 4,500 E or less, I would get it right away, it would be fairly inexpensive...count in ACT street clutch for 400E and thats all you need (although I would try not to part with stock clutch, I love it)

Anonymous

p.s. mph could have brought a laptop and gprs cell with him so he can post info while traveling... jesus mph, what were you thinking!  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

From what I can glean from other sources, the red '2 above IS a TTE built car albeit a concept; they also had a production silver '2 to promote the turbo, as pointed out above.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "spwolf"Price: 4000-4500 Eur inclusive. Installation and TUEV with TTE in Cologne (1 day, for German MR2 not with dealer possible, but only with TTE).

What does that inclusive mean...? The price includes VAT..or the installation? Probably the first, just making sure.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

My understanding of the discussions with TTE earlier in the year (and this should all be confirmed once Martin et al get back) is that TTE have developed the turbo kit *for* Toyota, and it's currently undergoing approval by Toyota in Japan.

As such, TTE can probably in the meantime promote the kit as theirs (ie with a price tag, even if it's not yet available) - once the Japanese are happy, it will become the official Toyota kit (probably with a differerent price tag  s:x :x s:x   ). ie one and the same.

Anonymous

Hi,

When mph comes back we will know more, but do understand that in Europe TTE will set pricing on its kits together with Toyota and the pricing will be the same, thats the way it works no matter if turbo kit becomes a part of Toyota accessories catalogue or not.

As to my post, thats just translated from German, I dont have exact info either...

Anonymous

Quote from: "spwolf"understand that in Europe TTE will set pricing on its kits together with Toyota and the pricing will be the same, thats the way it works no matter if turbo kit becomes a part of Toyota accessories catalogue or not.

If/when the kit becomes Toyota-approved, I would expect that there will no longer be a TTE kit; it will simply become the official Toyota kit, available only from Toyota, at Toyota-determined pricing. TTE will have simply developed it, and "sold" it to Toyota (given that TTE is of course a Toyota division anyway), in much the same way as the current "Toyota Sports Accessories".

Anonymous

but im guessing that the turbo kit will only be the turbo part (if that makes sence!) as in you wont get those lovely body hugging seats as in the photo above, you will simply get the hardware....   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"you wont get those lovely body hugging seats as in the photo above

Them are the bits I like the look of the most.  Lovely seats.

GSB

Looking at the photos above I cant help but notice the vastly increased size of the side air intakes, not only that but they are now proper scoops. Compare this with the ugly scoops they had to add to the VX220 turbo to cope with the cooling demands, and I have to wonder if the bodykit will need to be a compulsory addition to the package?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

filcee

Quote from: "GSB"Looking at the photos above I cant help but notice the vastly increased size of the side air intakes, not only that but they are now proper scoops. Compare this with the ugly scoops they had to add to the VX220 turbo to cope with the cooling demands, and I have to wonder if the bodykit will need to be a compulsory addition to the package?

I think you have a point there ... which would make this 'upgrade' expensive I think.

FWIW I don't like it - it looks more like an MGF than an MR2, and now it looks 'heavy'.   For me, that defeats the point of a lightwight mid-emgined car.  If it's light, I think it's supposed to look light.

I do like the seats though - they don't have an annoying hole behind your neck   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

Quote from: "pmdye"
Quote from: "spwolf"understand that in Europe TTE will set pricing on its kits together with Toyota and the pricing will be the same, thats the way it works no matter if turbo kit becomes a part of Toyota accessories catalogue or not.

If/when the kit becomes Toyota-approved, I would expect that there will no longer be a TTE kit; it will simply become the official Toyota kit, available only from Toyota, at Toyota-determined pricing. TTE will have simply developed it, and "sold" it to Toyota (given that TTE is of course a Toyota division anyway), in much the same way as the current "Toyota Sports Accessories".

Nope... as I said previously, it will be the same... it is still the TTE kit, no matter what. TTE distributes its products through Toyota dealers anyway, so when it gets included into accessories catalogue, it might get a toyota part number, but pricing is still the same. (keep in mind that you never ever can buy anything from TTE itself, only though T dealer that sells TTE). I tend to know few inner workings since I am a T dealer  s;-) ;-) s;-) .

markiii

Guys,

We just got back from Essen tonight after some very interesting talks with TTE or Toyota Motorsport Germany as it is now officially known.

Martin will be posting a full report soon along with the pics (once I've sent them over). Not wishing to preempt that too much but I can say that it was well worth the trip and the car in the pic is the test prototype that has been used for the last 2 years or so. Although it looks 03, it's just been facelifted. As such while the body may be available, it WON'T be compulsory.

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SteveJ

Quote from: "spwolf"(keep in mind that you never ever can buy anything from TTE itself, only though T dealer that sells TTE). I tend to know few inner workings since I am a T dealer  s;-) ;-) s;-) .

Following our trip to Essen, Germany to meet TTE / TMS, we can report that the entire TTE range (and TRD range for that matter) will be available directly from TTE for club members.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE CAN SEND REQUESTS AD-HOC TO TTE FOR PARTS - ALL ORDERS WILL BE ARRANGED THROUGH THE CLUB AND NO OTHER ORDERS WILL BE ENTERTAINED. ALSO IN ORDER TO KEEP COSTS TO A MINIMUM THESE ORDERS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A GROUP BUY ONLY

Further information will follow once we have digested all of our notes from this weekends meetings

Sam

Wow!   s:D :D s:D   Thats great news Steve - looking forward to hearing full details!
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Anonymous

Now that is an interesting development.

aaronjb

Aye - I'll second that;

<Mr_Burns_Mode> Eeeexcellent.... </Mr_Burns_Mode>
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

MadMigMR2

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  Why i didn't go, Why???   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I'm the president of MR2 Club Portugal.

I see that whe will have to get some deal together if i can't get the same directly from tte

TRD parts are almost impossible to get here in Portugal

Only buying on the net.
You must have seen the face of some toyota workers when i got on their shop with a box with my trd header and trd air filter   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

They couldn't get those for me, but i found a way to get them (internet)
The problem is that way the parts were much more expensive

I'm anscious for that news and photos!!!!

I need a turbooooooo   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  
That's the perfect friend for my MR2 gt300.
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

markiii

With regard to the TRD parts, it would seem there is to be a co-operative arrangement beween TRD Japan, TRD USA and TTE such that each will be able to distribute each others parts in their respective markets.

We managed to see under the lid of the red Turbo and it was fitted with a TRD rear strut brace!
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "MadMigMR2":cry: Why i didn't go, Why???   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I'm the president of MR2 Club Portugal.

I see that whe will have to get some deal together if i can't get the same directly from tte

Theres still time. The show runs till the 3rd I think. Fly to Essen or Frankfart and take the train/taxi.

Tags: