Toyota MR2 TURBO in Essen Motorshow 2003

Started by MadMigMR2, November 30, 2003, 20:26

MadMigMR2

I don't know yet if i will go or not.
It all depends on some things i have to do this week.

Me and my wife (whe work together on the same company) quit the jobs whe had.
Last week was our final week on the job.
Whe were thinking on going work to outside Portugal, Germany or Spain maybee or creating our own business here in Portugal.
Well but that doesn't matter now.
What it matters is the TURBOOOOO   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I have all the time to go to essen. And i will probably go, it's just a matter off solve some things and maybee on the end of this week i will go.

WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES!!!
Do you need a host for te pictures   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I can hosted right now!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Well i will keep doing F5 to this page  until they show up  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

Anonymous

thats great news Steve... I am glad TMS is recognizing how important this market is, and we can see the trend in the USA as well, we are the best ambasadors for T... cant wait for the write up.

Anonymous

<-- developing a nervous tick while waiting for news...   s:idea: :idea: s:idea:

Tem

Quote from: "spwolf"<-- developing a nervous tick while waiting for news...  

If I don't hear any news today, I'm gonna run up the walls  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Here's someones opinion on TTE kit from SC  s:? :? s:?  
"Someone on the german forum (who used to work for BMW's M) says the turbo is badly designed (he even expects toyota who has it for review won't approve it). I believe he even sent pictures to his former colleagues who had severe comments on it too.

He is MUCH more positive over the Lampka design, he even placed an order there (but Lampka won't do installs on older engines because there seems to be a problem with those?)."

Please prove him wrong and give us the dman info  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

mph

I managed a first draft yesterday (approx 1800 words) but there's still a stuff missing from it. Writing reports isn't really my strong point - however I expect to get a final draft by tonight and then proofed, formatted & uploaded by no later than tomorrow evening (depending upon the other attendees). Sorry for the wait, I am putting as much time as I can spare on this!
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "mph"Sorry for the wait, I am putting as much time as I can spare on this!

Don't be sorry! I'm sure you're not making us wait for the fun of it...(you better not!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ). It's just killing me to know not knowing what others know, you know?  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"I managed a first draft yesterday (approx 1800 words) but there's still a stuff missing from it. Writing reports isn't really my strong point - however I expect to get a final draft by tonight and then proofed, formatted & uploaded by no later than tomorrow evening (depending upon the other attendees). Sorry for the wait, I am putting as much time as I can spare on this!

Bloody hell Martin, you do like to do things properly!

Now, what's this about a group buy on TTE turbos?

Anonymous

not to be pesky, but few lines of information for those of us that are hungry for it would help... while full writeup will be unbelievably cool, few lines will suffice (will they build it, how much $, how much hp,nm,when!)

mph

Quote from: "spwolf"not to be pesky, but few lines of information for those of us that are hungry for it would help... while full writeup will be unbelievably cool, few lines will suffice (will they build it, how much $, how much hp,nm,when!)
Excited? You should be!

I refuse to give out a half baked report - for two days off work and 950mile round trip you deserve nothing less.

Now stop pestering so I can get back to finishing it!   s:) :) s:)
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

markiii

absolutely.

You'll appreciate it when you see it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MadMigMR2

I read that post on spyderchat also and that is something that didn't surprised me.

Last Summer in August i visited Lampka Motorsport and saw and made a test drive in his mr2 turbo prototype.

The engineer responsible for the prototype told me that he was on tte for 2 weeks and sae the tte prototype and told me that it was very bad designed and the intercooler setup was not enough to cool the air and in wet conditions the car will start to heat.

I live in Portugal and the climate here is very good, wich means wet and very wet conditions maybee 8 months a year or more.

I wouldn't go for a kit that will overheat for sure in this conditions.

Germany and other european countrys have very low temperatures compared to Portugal, so that setup wouldn't be good for my country.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I would love to have a TTE turbo kit (with factory warranty) but if then i will only manage to use it 4 months in a year (in the winter) NO THANKS!!

Now please prove that i'm wrong and that german guy is wrong also and i will order a TTE Turbo tomorrow   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

Anonymous

Hell of an anxious wait for info but judging by Martins other write ups....it will be more than worth the wait & very informative. You take your time & get it right matey      s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

heh, now even more excited  s;-) ;-) s;-)

just take your time...

Anonymous

in the famous words of Monty Python....

"GET ON WITH IT!"   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Hi guys !

I'm "Curve" (one of the Forum-Mods of german mr2w3-forum).

One of our members took some pictures form the TTE Turbo:

Klick 1

Klick 2

Klick 3

Klick 4

Enjoy it.

WE go on Sunday to Essen!

Greetz,
Frank

MRMike

wow looks remarkably compact..and very well sorted.  Although the addition of the cooling fan makes me think the enhanced side intakes of the red car more of a neccesity than aesthetic as someone pointed out in another post.  Curve do you know if this car has the bodykit on as well? It could be the cooling fan is necessary without the bodykit..either way i love those TTE Turbo badges! Looking forward to the low down!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

mph

The report is complete will be posted on the front page in the morning as soon as it's approved by the proof readers.

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Tem

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"Although the addition of the cooling fan makes me think the enhanced side intakes of the red car more of a neccesity than aesthetic

Curve do you know if this car has the bodykit on as well?

That silver one was without the widebodykit.

Maybe the fan is there to keep the air moving while the car is sitting at red lights or something. I don't think it makes much of a difference once you're driving at decent speeds...

mph

*cough* see frontpage *cough*   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

mph

This topic is now locked - post feed back at  m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1760 m
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Tags: