When tyres have plenty of tread but feel worn out?

Started by Wabbitkilla, June 21, 2007, 19:14

Chris_h

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Chris_h"Those droplinks sound like a nice easy DIY mod.

you'd think so wouldn't you  s:? :? s:?  

mine old ones came out with an angle grinder only  s:( :( s:(

Ah!

Says me who felt that fitting an Apexi was a fine feat of engineering!   s:D :D s:D
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"mine old ones came out with an angle grinder only  s:( :( s:(

Indeed - not looking forward to that bit!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"mine old ones came out with an angle grinder only  s:( :( s:(

Indeed - not looking forward to that bit!

speaking of which, have you got some new ones yet?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Not yet, but they are on their way  s:) :) s:)

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  We're drifting from tyres here, aren't we..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Chris_h

Quote from: "aaronjb"Not yet, but they are on their way  s:) :) s:)

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  We're drifting from tyres here, aren't we..

Drifting being the operative word with Wabbitkilla's tyres.

Sorry - back to Nik/
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

ChrisGB

While reducing roll will help, would it be a better idea to run more camber? Soft sidewalls usually respond well to this.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Wabbitkilla

Well  it's only when you fit new tyres that you realise just how much of yours have diappeared  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Tread was down to 1.5mm above the markers at the rear, 1.7mm at the front. Although the looked fine my guess is that the rubber had "gone off", but hey i worked out and i did get over 15K out of them so not too bad eh?

Actually - that's better than ther original bridgestones.

Even with the release agent still in place the feel a might better, i'll just take care though. The fronts had quite a few miles put on them yesterday in the Lakes, the rears will on friday when i go to DT for an alignment check.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

celmacmat

I need to change my tyres too...

Reading this i am thinking
    Do i chnage the tyres and then go for an alignement (or whatever it is called)?
    Or do i do the other way round and go for the alignement first?
Sorry if it is a daft question but i can't find the answer even with my friend the search button   s:? :? s:?

or for that matter should i wait to have the Breat Plate and strut braces fitted first?
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

ChrisGB

Quote from: "celmacmat"I need to change my tyres too...

Reading this i am thinking
    Do i chnage the tyres and then go for an alignement (or whatever it is called)?
    Or do i do the other way round and go for the alignement first?
Sorry if it is a daft question but i can't find the answer even with my friend the search button   s:? :? s:?

or for that matter should i wait to have the Breat Plate and strut braces fitted first?

My advice would be alignment then tyres. If something is out, it will start a wear pattern that will continue throughout the life of the tyres even though the problem is fixed.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

celmacmat

Cheers Chris, make sense   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Tags: