Blitz Filter

Started by MRMike, December 2, 2003, 15:19

MRMike

[MOD: This has been split from another thread in the General forum - Victor]

Thanks for the tip on the Blitz filter.  I read this test before i bought..i hasten to add my blitz filter is an element replacement..couldn't risk voiding warranty with an induction kit! So as it uses the OE airbox I think it'l be fine Thanks again for the warning though!

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

markiii

hmmn interesting. any links to this filter on the web?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"Thanks for the tip on the Blitz filter.  I read this test before i bought..i hasten to add my blitz filter is an element replacement..couldn't risk voiding warranty with an induction kit! So as it uses the OE airbox I think it'l be fine Thanks again for the warning though!

Mike
Did you get it fitted from new by Toyota? And what power improvement would you get with only using the element and not the full induction kit?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

MRMike

Well i don't think you can really expect much improvement in bhp with an element.  I've heard reports of up to 4bhp with the Blitz one..i think that may be inflated, howver with such a light car any small difference is going to enhance the PWR more than most other cars.  What the element does do is massively increase the breathing...my car feels so much more responsive, in the mid range, and lugging from low revs.  And the noise is great! when you come off the throttle you can hear air bouncing around the box...great!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

MRMike

Sorry fogot to answer your question..i had it fitted by Toyota yes..but i bought it from Nemesis  w www.nemesisperformance.co.uk w  who i would recommend wholeheartedly...

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

can't seem to find much on this.

Could you confirm the price and whether its washable? oiled? cotton gauze? or steel  mesh?

cheers,

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

I searched for ages to find a replacement filter element..I was going to go for one of the TRD filters but couldn't find one. There are hardly any UK stockists that stock elements for the MR2, Nemesis are good as they'll find the right one and get it from japan.  I just happened to call them and they said they could get one though they would have to make a 'custom order'.  The one I have is called a blitz power flow SUS filter.  It's steel mesh, and oiled.  I'll try and dig out the box so that i can tell you for sure!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

MRMike

The filter element at the bottom is the one i have...

m http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/2003/airfilter.html m

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Slacey

Jesus! £173 for a panel filter   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Jesus! £173 for a panel filter   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

The one I'm looking at says  £26 + VAT ??

Anonymous

you shouldnt see any improvements in hp, mr2 stock air filter is pretty good... I do remember reading (spyderchat?) that ppl removed their panel filters and dynoed their cars and saw no difference.

Slacey

Quote from: "AllyY"The one I'm looking at says  £26 + VAT ??
That's FROM £26.... I have copied the actual text as it won't link...

26066  BLITZ SUS POWER AIR CLEANER   ...  ZZW30 10/99 -  £173.00

56066  BLITZ SUS POWER AIR FILTER LM   ...  ZZW30 10/99 -  £120.00

58066  BLITZ SONIC POWER AIR FILTER   ...  ZZW30 10/99 -  £278.00

Slacey

Hold on, my bad...that appears to be a full induction kit, in which case they aren't listing a panel filter   s:? :? s:?

MRMike

Yeah i would have got the deal of the century! I paid about £40 for the one on that page i posted which i didn't think was to bad at all. IMO worth it for the sound alone.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"Yeah i would have got the deal of the century! I paid about £40 for the one on that page i posted which i didn't think was to bad at all. IMO worth it for the sound alone.
That's better; I'll have to get one. Group buy anyone  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"That's better; I'll have to get one. Group buy anyone  s:?: :?: s:?:

I contacted Blitz a while back before i found out how much people here dislike them etc... they were willing to do a discount for a club if the numbers were right.

Personally, i would go with a K&N panel filter rather than a blitz one... probably because i could get one at half the price of the blitz one (friends in the trade!   s:D :D s:D  )

Tags: