Am I a victim of precat failure?? *ENGINE SWAP IN PROGRESS*

Started by Anonymous, July 4, 2007, 10:10

Anonymous

Ok so Toyota are in this case not proving to be particularly helpful!
It's great that this site exists=]
The end result of my visit to the garage today was that I have to get the gearbox fixed myself and IF the loss of power is still evident then I should return to them to get the engine examined.

Should I follow their advice or should I just tell them to stop fobbing me off?
I am aware that the gearbox problem will need fixing at some point, I have just put it off because it sounds expensive, and not knowing much about cars I was always holding out some hope that it would just go away one day!@!!!

s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

Speedy, they did not replace the main cat, your engine has either gone or is going, period.

Anonymous

Speedy you have a pm, private message in your inbox.

Anonymous

Oh right?! I wasn't aware that they literally break up and completely disintegrate. I thought only bits of them would come off here and there.

I guess the next job is to go to another garage and find out if they can check these for me.

aaronjb

I bet I know where your precats are..

In your main CAT.

Which would explain the lack of power, and why they weren't there when Toyota looked.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Oh right?! I wasn't aware that they literally break up and completely disintegrate. I thought only bits of them would come off here and there.

I guess the next job is to go to another garage and find out if they can check these for me.

Gbirch

CAT
How quickly will a new engine be bodged if driven with the orginal CAT.?

Mine was driven about 20 miles for MOT. Now back at garage waiting a CAT that i desperately trying to source.
Seek first to understand then be understood!

Anonymous

Possibly about 1 mile, or could be up to 1000. No-one knows, but I wouldn't like to try it.  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: