Engine dying (drinking oil), what are my options

Started by Graeme, July 8, 2007, 12:18

Anonymous

not got it yet  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  , they've had it a whole week now! I feel like Annie - "tomorrow.... tomorrow...."   s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:  

but, considering i was expecting to pay just over £2k and now not paying anything I'll let them off...

fingers crossed I get it today  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

So is it a problem with the pistons or the bore itself? I`m also presuming that whatever it is that is the problem that the part has been superceeded by an uprated or redesigned part?

Graeme

I think i read somewhere that the newer engines have some holes or something in the cylinder walls that let through some oil to lubricate the piston rings as they go past and stop them overheating and warping.
2001, Black, A/C, H/Top, Leather, no precats, and a club sticker![/color]
Why did they call it a "Midship Runabout"?!?! Surely "Mid-Engine Roadster" would have sounded better.

Wabbitkilla

I've read somewhere that they changed the design and materials used in the rings and possibly the pistons.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Graeme

Quote from: "Gav1980"fingers crossed I get it today  s:D :D s:D
Have you got it back yet Gav?
2001, Black, A/C, H/Top, Leather, no precats, and a club sticker![/color]
Why did they call it a "Midship Runabout"?!?! Surely "Mid-Engine Roadster" would have sounded better.

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D  Yes  s:!: :!: s:!:  
However, all the technicians and the guy I'd been speaking to had gone home by the time I got there so they literally threw the keys and running in details at me a shoved me out the door! no paperwok or nothing which I wasn't too pleased about  s:? :? s:?  

The car is running great - better than ever since I bought it last september.

I'm going to speak to the guy on monday about getting hold of details of work done etc. Will get back to you as soon as I can... in the mean time you might jsut want to try your luck with the local dealership - play dumb but mention you know there's a problem with the pistons... that's all I did.

Wabbitkilla

Excellent news - well done.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: