What a Clown

Started by wbarrwebster, July 8, 2007, 19:06

wbarrwebster

Was messing with the "Toy" aka the Wife's 2001 black Mk3 late Saturday afternoon.
Fitted the the new Double Din Sony Cd/Tape Player (Still need a Double Din Fascia plate that didn't come with the unit!..any ideas?)
Fitted the new Walnut Dash overlay....don't look too bad!

Started to wrap it up..wait, can't get the passenger window up......panic, getting dark, out with the Manual, where are the Fuse boxes?) ......She'll kill me if I leave her with a window that won't close!..Am I a man or a mouse?.........squeek!

Found the Front Fusebox, no power Window Fuses, check the manual..they're in the Fuse box I can't find!!!! ..Getting dark...put the car away overnight in the garage. Referenced casually indoors,"problem with the passenger window, do problem" (what a liar!)

Went on to Owner's Club forum last night/Sunday morn at 12.30am.....
Some guy references a wee switch to RHS of Steering Column!(It's happened to others?!!)
Come Sunday morn....checked it out, I'd mistakenly pressed the buttom to lock the window down!.......What an idiot!! Thought I would have to strip the door down....Thanks guys!

B
W. B. Webster

aaronjb

Ah - another one caught out by the Mystery Switch  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

northernalex

Its the child proofing switch.... - ahh to be a child again  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

celmacmat

Fair play to you B for telling   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Take a real Man to admit to such a stupid mistake   s8) 8) s8)
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Beowulf

Just glad to know I am not the only one to panic over this. Worst thing is i KNOW about the switch too!! just must have pressed it by mistake!! Think I was cleaning the car at the time (inside) and was going to wash the outside when I could not get the window up! Luckily I realised my mistake after much wailing and gnashing of teeth.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Entropy always increces.

2001 red 46K stock (apart from de-badging on my rear (ooh err)) never had a problem in 5 years!  (touches wood quickly)

Tags: