Precats!

Started by wbarrwebster, July 12, 2007, 20:17

wbarrwebster

I've read with obvious interest the various issues re the precats, although I've done the searches in the Forum, I can't seem to see a garage in Essex, ideally South Essex that will do the required!

Can someone please detail a name, company, ideally a telephone number and give me an idea on cost!

Many thanks,

B
W. B. Webster

Liz

You didn't look very hard  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ..about half way down this thread, he is in Suffolk, but only just - Haverhill.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... hlight=cox m

Say that Liz with the Red MR2 Turbo sent you!

And as we are in Essex, we have a spare manifold which could be gutted for you to take along as well,would save a bit of labour charge for you, you have to pass my house to get to this place.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

wbarrwebster

OOps, I feel suitably chastised...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  actually I did read the thread but as I rob banks in Southampton all week, my weekend time is at a premium, so was ideally looking for somewhere just a wee bit more local... I'll give these guys aring.....I'd ideally like to take you up on your offer of the manifold.....Can I get back to you after I've looked at timings?

Thanks again,

B

Quote from: "Liz"You didn't look very hard  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ..about half way down this thread, he is in Suffolk, but only just - Haverhill.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... hlight=cox m

Say that Liz with the Red MR2 Turbo sent you!

And as we are in Essex, we have a spare manifold which could be gutted for you to take along as well,would save a bit of labour charge for you, you have to pass my house to get to this place.
W. B. Webster

Liz

Oh believe me - that wasn't chastisement!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

If you are in South Essex it will take you about an hour to get there...no problems with the manifold at all.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

enid_b

Quote from: "Liz"Oh believe me - that wasn't chastisement!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

it wasn't..... stick around and you may see the real deal !

E  s8) 8) s8)
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Team_Dandism

Westfield motors might do it too.

w www.westfieldmotors.co.uk w  They are an independent Toyota and lexus place and have been doing the odd job on my mk1. mk2 and now the  mk3 over the years. certainly worth a call anyway.

They are in Rawreth about 5 mins from the A127 Southend Arterial road, 20 mins from Junc 29 on the M25.

They are doing a new HG and fitting a TRD header on mine today / monday.
Regards

Matt J..

www.team-dandism.co.uk

wbarrwebster

Team,.

Many thanks for your reply, I live in South Woodham, so I had Westfields do  the 40K service and assessment. (I'd only bought the car 2 weeks earlier!)
I telephoned a guy at Westfields, think his name was Neil? Anyway, he knew nothing about the precats, to be honest, I got the idea he was less than enthusiastic.

If I don't go with Liz's option, I'll give him another ring, his mechanic Gary showed interest in my old peeling alloys and tyres, left him my number, still waiting on his offer!!

Thanks again

B

service  
Quote from: "Team_Dandism"Westfield motors might do it too.

w www.westfieldmotors.co.uk w  They are an independent Toyota and lexus place and have been doing the odd job on my mk1. mk2 and now the  mk3 over the years. certainly worth a call anyway.

They are in Rawreth about 5 mins from the A127 Southend Arterial road, 20 mins from Junc 29 on the M25.

They are doing a new HG and fitting a TRD header on mine today / monday.
W. B. Webster

Team_Dandism

Not sure about a Neil, it's run by Ian and Chris.

Even if they won't do the precat's which would surprise me as they happily decatted my mk2 turbo and its the same. They are useful and local for other work.
Regards

Matt J..

www.team-dandism.co.uk

wbarrwebster

Matt,

I'll give Ian a call, could be I'm doing them an injustice!
I must admit I was happy with the service!

Thanks again.

Barry W

Quote from: "Team_Dandism"Not sure about a Neil, it's run by Ian and Chris.

Even if they won't do the precat's which would surprise me as they happily decatted my mk2 turbo and its the same. They are useful and local for other work.
W. B. Webster

wbarrwebster

Telephoned Ian at Westfields this afternoon, he mentioned he was dropping the  box and doing a clutch on an Roadster, methinks he was talking about yours.

Anyway I'm phone him back on Friday for a cost on the Precats.I also have an oil leak and the steering column gaiter is split, so if the price ain't too bad, I get it all done together.......Incidentally, can I ask where you picked up your second hand Roadster bits and bobs? I used to run round the Basildon scrappers when the wife had the R5Turbo, but I'm a bit out of touch....I think this is all gonna cost me money..and that's not a good thing!!!

Cheers,

Barry W  

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"Matt,

I'll give Ian a call, could be I'm doing them an injustice!
I must admit I was happy with the service!

Thanks again.

Barry W

Quote from: "Team_Dandism"Not sure about a Neil, it's run by Ian and Chris.

W. B. Webster

Tags: