Exhaust change

Started by Anonymous, June 11, 2003, 19:05

Anonymous

Hi all

I have just emailed Hayward and Scott to obtain a quote for a similar system to Grants.
Got my usual 10% parts discount so a TTE system will cost me £480 fitted. The advantage is that the dealer is only 20 miles away.
However, I think I can get a Magnex unit for less than that.

Would those folks who went for the Magnex and not the TTE let me know the reasons for their decision. I know about the lifetime warranty compared with the 3 year Toyota one.

The trouble is that once one has made a decision there's no turning back.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Peter Wright

Dear All,

I have been looking into performance exhausts fo the last six months
However!
Have found two new exhaust systems not mentioned before

1. Janspeed

2. London Performance Exhausts

After discussions with both companys I have ordered an exhaust from No 2
London Performance Exhausts who also supply the Japanese market also they impressed me most

It is a twin exhaust one port each side with 3 & 1/2" tips
Cant give any more information at present except price about £270 +
Will keep you updated
Should be arriving tomorrow
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Slacey

Sounds most interesting... I already have the TTE but I would like to see it anyway...
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

What about the Remus twin tip system from somewhere like Demontweeks in Wrexham.   Seem to recall it comes in at under £300 which is not half bad when you consider it is the same as the TTE system, except for the tips.

Anyone got any comments?

Andrew

Anonymous

Quote from: "amr2"What about the Remus twin tip system from somewhere like Demontweeks in Wrexham.   Seem to recall it comes in at under £300 which is not half bad when you consider it is the same as the TTE system, except for the tips.

Anyone got any comments?

Andrew

I think Liz has this system and im sure she has photos etc of it - might be an idea to send her a PM.

Anonymous

yep she got it fitted at ellites in raynham, And a set of lowering springs   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "Peter Wright"I have been looking into performance exhausts fo the last six months
Have found two new exhaust systems not mentioned before

1. Janspeed

Janspeed has an exhaust for us??

Where can I get one NOW??  s:) :) s:)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Liz

Here is my Remus - pretty sure that they said lifetime guaranteee.

http://uk.msnusers.com/LizMyers/remusexhaust.msnw

cost £344.22 - HTH
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Chris

Quote from: "amr2"What about the Remus twin tip system from somewhere like Demontweeks in Wrexham.   Seem to recall it comes in at under £300 which is not half bad when you consider it is the same as the TTE system, except for the tips.

Anyone got any comments?

Andrew

Well, when I phoned DT recently, they quoted me £420 and elite was only £380, so I went there to get my remus...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Is it just me o can you actually not see the exhaust (apart from a glimpse!) on those pictures?!...

--H--

Liz

Try again - posted wrong link!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Chris

Quote from: "Hardcore"Is it just me o can you actually not see the exhaust (apart from a glimpse!) on those pictures?!...

--H--

I think she posted the wrong link...   s:) :) s:)  

try:  m http://uk.msnusers.com/LizMyers/remusexhaust.msnw m
[size=100]
[/size]

Liz

I did - see above! changed it already!

Chris

great minds liz - and posted at the exact same time!!!   s:o :o s:o
[size=100]
[/size]

Liz

Also in addition, just checked with Elite as I have a slight rattle from the exhaust which I have to see them about - it has a LIFETIME guarantee, that can't be bad - don't let the rattle put you off - its a great exhaust - I think Chris said that he could hear it when he was behind me at the Chelmsford meet

Anonymous

Nice!

Ta.

--H--

Anonymous

Thanks Liz

Even more information!!!

The Remus system needs an investigation because I have just had a quote back from Hayward & Scott. £450 + £20 postage/packing. Fitting charge £50. Everything plus the dreaded VAT. So if I go down it will cost me £587.50 plus petrol. A TTE from Murley Auto in Stratford-upon-Avon will set me back £100 less and virtually no petrol. However, Liz's deal at £344 is the best yet!
Unless of course someone knows better!! If we keep going on this thread for long enough we might find a comparable system for 250 squid.

In the meantime I need to find myself a local Remus dealer and save a potential £136.

Anonymous

Do Remus have a Web site with a list of dealers/distributors?  I can't find one which is a pain in t'arse.

--H--

Anonymous

Hardcore
I entered "Remus exhausts" in Google and it brought up 10 pages of info

Anonymous

Likewise, not many of them useful though.  From digging about I have only managed to find a single UK distributor for Remus exhausts (for cars anyway), namely Elite.

I'd much rather be able to actually find somewhere local so I can either collect or actually get it fitted on site, but no luck so far.

If anyone finds a Remus source up north please let me know.

--H--

Chris

This may be a use for max power mag!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   - a lot of companies advertise in there, including elite and demon tweeks (who also stock remus).  It may be worth having a flick though for an ad near you and then giving them a call to see if they stock remus...
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

Hmmm, I want info on a Remus exhaust but I aint buying Max Power...

Buster, do us a photocopy of some ads from the latest Max Muppet will ya?!...

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

--H--

Anonymous

I have emailed Demon Tweeks to see if they can source the Remus system and to get a price.  They're in Wrexham, which is close enough to our lass's place that I could pop over one weekend.

I'll let you know...

--H--

Anonymous

Hardcore

Found the only UK dealer:-
Elite, Unit 1 Marsh Way, Fairview Ind Est, Manor Way, Rainham, Essex, RM13 8AA tel 01708 525 577 or email  e mailto:info@elite-design.co.uk">info@elite-design.co.uk e  Shaun said £383 incl VAT for 90mm (3.5") round tip twin system. Free fitting (a bit too far for you) or free carriage.

Lifetime guarantee provided professionally fitted with an annual inspection and the card stamped.

Anonymous

Yeah, already found them (see my post above), thanks anyway though!  We'll see what Demon Tweeks say...

--H--

Tags: