Exhaust change

Started by Anonymous, June 11, 2003, 19:05

Anonymous

Magnex XSTM4/4 system £350.99 plus £12.00 carriage.
Find your own fitter (probably similar guarantee basis to Remus)
Cheapest I've found so far.

m http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame- ... hausts.htm m

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

markiii

Quote from: "Hardcore"Yeah, already found them (see my post above), thanks anyway though!  We'll see what Demon Tweeks say...

--H--

Keep badgering demon tweeks, I managed to get them down to £334 plus vat witha £25 fitting charge. didn't get around to getting it in the end though.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Peter Wright"I have been looking into performance exhausts fo the last six months
Have found two new exhaust systems not mentioned before

1. Janspeed

Janspeed has an exhaust for us??

Where can I get one NOW??  s:) :) s:)

...anyone?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Hardcore"Yeah, already found them (see my post above), thanks anyway though!  We'll see what Demon Tweeks say...

--H--

Keep badgering demon tweeks, I managed to get them down to £334 plus vat witha £25 fitting charge. didn't get around to getting it in the end though.
Cheers Mark, that's good to know.  I've not heard anything back from them just yet.

--H--

Comer

How many people are after a twin Remus?  That may add some bargaining power if a whole group from MR2ROC could book Demon Tweeks Wrexham to fit 4 or 5 units one Saturday!!!  Just an idea.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

i would be interested at the right price   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"Also in addition, just checked with Elite as I have a slight rattle from the exhaust which I have to see them about

Hi Liz.

This might not be from the Remus itself, I had a really annoying rattle slowly develop from my standard exhaust.. it turned out to be the downpipe from the manifold, which Toyota changed under warranty without any quibble!

How did you get the Remus for £344 from Elite incidentally?! Now all my warranty woes are sorted, I'm going to treat my '2 to a celebratory twin exit!

Tim

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"Hmmm, I want info on a Remus exhaust but I aint buying Max Power...

Buster, do us a photocopy of some ads from the latest Max Muppet will ya?!...

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

--H--

looks like you got all the info al ready but the mags ready and waiting if any info is needed  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Joking   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s8) 8) s8)

markiii

Quote from: "Comer"How many people are after a twin Remus?  That may add some bargaining power if a whole group from MR2ROC could book Demon Tweeks Wrexham to fit 4 or 5 units one Saturday!!!  Just an idea.

When I spoke to them , they were open to the idea of a discount to quantitiy, shame I can't remember who I spoke to.

Tem,

Demon also supply the janspeed. From the catalogue it imlplies it is a full length system though I have yet to confirm that.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

juansolo

Add me to the list of people wanting a twin.  Only the bonkers money the local MrT dealers have been quoting me has stopped me.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Liz

I am pretty sure that the noise is coming from the offside tailpipe, I am just hoping that they do not accuse me of bashing it, which of course would invalidate the warranty on it I suppose!!  As for the price - that was what I was quoted and got in Feb of this year when I had it done, I noticed that other people have been quoting prices of £380.00 guess I was lucky!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

or you chatted the sales guy up   s:P :P s:P    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   LOL

GSB

Quote from: "Roger H"Even more information!!!

The Remus system needs an investigation because I have just had a quote back from Hayward & Scott. £450 + £20 postage/packing. Fitting charge £50. Everything plus the dreaded VAT. So if I go down it will cost me £587.50 plus petrol.

Bloody hell, I thought the price inlcuded the VAT, When I get back from Spain, I´ll give them a shout and put them in the picture as regards pricing and the competion, they wont sell many units being the most expensive exhaust on the market... With a bit of luck they´´ll see snese and put a more realistic tag on it, apologies for this guys, I honestly thought VAT was included...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

GSB

Oops, pressed submit twice...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

mph

I maybe able to add another exhaust to the list. I have a small company (highly recommended by Millway) making me up a custom job. Depending on what the noise meter says it'll either be a straight through pipe (centre exiting), no silencer, no CAT, or it'll have to have some very small silencer on just enough to get me through circuit limits (no idea where it will exit yet). The cost of the straight through is around £150, or with the silencer, around £300, and plus VAT of course.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Liz

Quote from: "Buster"or you chatted the sales guy up   s:P :P s:P    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   LOL

I'm a happily married woman!!  Going to see if I can get down to Elite sometime next week - don't want my Remus clattering at JAE, its embarassing enough as it is when you pull up anywhere and you can hear the noise coming from the rear - ruins the image!

Liz

And another thing, amazing what you think of at this time in the morning..Rochford Tyres also do Remus Exhausts, but as they are further into deepest darkest Essex than Elite are - suppose thats not much use...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

GSB

The hayward and Scott price has now been revised to £400+VAT...

i.e. £470 inc VAT

mph

Quote from: "mph"I maybe able to add another exhaust to the list. I have a small company (highly recommended by Millway) making me up a custom job.
Pics of my custom exhaust (for a limited time):  m http://www.florentis.com/mph/mr2/temp/exhaust.asp m
Ended up costing £480+vat - but this is for a complete system (in stainless) right from the turbo housing, which meant making a custom flange. I haven't bothered putting up the internal pics as they simply don't do it justice.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tags: