Who's fitted a power steering pump?

Started by hywel, July 19, 2007, 19:43

hywel

Dealers are quoting several hours and £100 or so - it looks like it should be easy though - one spyderchat guy reckoned on 30 minutes and easy.

Can anyone help please?

Hywel

Anonymous

My local garage (none Toyota) did one for me a couple of years ago and only charged me £35 so it can't be a big job! Sounds like they're trying it on to me?

kanujunkie

i can supply you with the fitting guide if you want
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

hywel

Quote from: "kanujunkie"i can supply you with the fitting guide if you want

That would be brilliant. Cheers.

Hywel

kanujunkie

[size=100]Stu[/size]

hywel

Thanks, Stu, all received.

The only section that refers to it says Bleed Power Steering System (SR3) - do you have this page by any chance?

kanujunkie

its in that file i posted!

look at the top right corner of the first page of the pdf called 03- Power Steering fluid - bleeding.pdf
[size=100]Stu[/size]

hywel

Quote from: "kanujunkie"its in that file i posted!

look at the top right corner of the first page of the pdf called 03- Power Steering fluid - bleeding.pdf

Oops. Cheers very much. (Note to self: RTFM.)

Anonymous

i need a new power steering pump fitted! The garage are qouting 1500 pound!!! does anyone know where i can get one cheaper???? please??????????

hywel

Quote from: "bex82"i need a new power steering pump fitted! The garage are qouting 1500 pound!!! does anyone know where i can get one cheaper???? please??????????

That probably consists of £950 for the pump and £500+ for fitting - both absurd. There are various online breakers yards that'll charge between £150 - £300 for the pump, whilst fitting takes an hour and is a piece of p**s.. I bottled out, but my nearest garage did it for £50.

Hywel

Tags: