1zz turbo 1.81L GTK450 updated 19/02/12 pg5

Started by MR2 super GT, August 13, 2007, 21:22

MR2 super GT

well after a couple of months ownership and a couple of months ordering and waiting for parts i finally got enough done to deserv posting up pics.

quality is bad as im using the video call camer on my phone.

car lowered on TEIN monoflex with crap 17s just until i get my proper wheels.

C-one type r rear brace, ERZ ebay manifold and Apexi intake

just about see the TRD front upper brace

Manatee front arm, bushes all gone   s:) :) s:)  

rear track arms and TEIN monoflex and two's R us end links
when I\'m not in traction, I\'m in action

Anonymous

Very, very nice setup: I bet on a decent set of wheels and rubber that must handle beautifully.  s8) 8) s8)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"Very, very nice setup: I bet on a decent set of wheels and rubber that must handle beautifully.  s8) 8) s8)
I bet it will too; very nice job  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

T17LUN

always a good combination lowered, 17"s, hardtop

Tee

Anonymous

Car's looking good. Just wondering where did you get your monoflex from and fitted as Iam getting mine done on Thursday. How much did it alter the ride ?

rtbiscuit

thats some good work there!

time and money well spent.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

MR2 super GT

thanks for feedback,

i got monoflex from japan parts, but by time you pay delivery and import they work out the same cost as getting them from Tein uk.

how much did it alter the ride? well i went from standard suspension so id say it alterd the ride alot, it firm, but i like firm

i have the setting at between 12 - 15 out of possible 20, 20 being the stiffest was just to stiff for everyday use if you happend to go down a B road.

but you still get bumped around on the stiffness i have them set at.

Anonymous

No EDFC unit then ? Havent seen you arround before.

MR2 super GT

No, i ordered mine before Japan parts started doing the combo deal with the EDFC

no you havnt seen me around im relatively new, just got my roadster in febuary.

Anonymous

QuoteManatee front arm, bushes all gone   s:) :) s:)  

Whats this and where is it from?!

MR2 super GT

its made by company called Manatee racing, in japan

it replaces the front track arm and all the bushes with rose joints and bearings. meaning more feeback from the steering.

its also excellent because it lets you adjust a previously unadjustable part of the cars suspension set up.

I got it from japan parts.

they also aint cheap. i had a big order with japan parts previously and had alot of (points) built up so that i was able to get 25% off the full price.

kanujunkie

doesn't Che do them as well????
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

I thought he only did the rear arms.. but I could be wrong.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR2 super GT"its made by company called Manatee racing, in japan

it replaces the front track arm and all the bushes with rose joints and bearings. meaning more feeback from the steering.

its also excellent because it lets you adjust a previously unadjustable part of the cars suspension set up.

I got it from japan parts.

they also aint cheap. i had a big order with japan parts previously and had alot of (points) built up so that i was able to get 25% off the full price.

So was this a special order because its not listed on there site? and where did you come across this?!

MR2 super GT

i think che only does rear arms, thats who i got them from.

Bossman you email Japan Parts, ask them to get you any part you want from Japan and they will get it.

so you could say it was special order. but it didnt take long to get here. i think 2 weeks from day i asked for it, to recieving it.

and i think i came across them while researching parts online, maybe on SC, but i also have the MR-s Hyper REV book and they are listed in it.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/manatee/pdf/MRS.PDF

Anonymous

Looks good,

Suprised we haven't heard of these mods just gos to show you  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR2 super GT"i think che only does rear arms, thats who i got them from.

Bossman you email Japan Parts, ask them to get you any part you want from Japan and they will get it.

so you could say it was special order. but it didnt take long to get here. i think 2 weeks from day i asked for it, to recieving it.

and i think i came across them while researching parts online, maybe on SC, but i also have the MR-s Hyper REV book and they are listed in it.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/manatee/pdf/MRS.PDF

Cheers MR2 super GT!

I remember seeing reference to Manatee before, like you say on SC but there doesnt seem to be any reference of it anymore!

How did you contact Japanparts because through the forums dont seem to work for me, did you go direct!

MR2 super GT

email them

i will pm you as they have a numder of reps i think.

MR2 super GT

been a long while since any real progress has been made with the car,

Im usually updating more frequently on my local forum  w www.reallymeansounds.com w

here is how the car is looking at the min

Reckless kit has been test fitted along with my 17 inch J-line rims.

Engine has finally been built and is getting installed this coming week, then its off to get the ECU installed.

MR2 super GT

Engine pics

heathstimpson

Looks very nice indeeds  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

custardavenger

Looking good. Who has been doing your engine work? I presume your gonna fit the Turbo in without cutting the chassis?

Would try and sell you a big bore throttle body but see you already have one.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

MR2 super GT

Well as i am in Northen Ireland I have gone to a mechanic local to me called WK Developments

He has been assembling the engine, it was another local engineering company who did the machining of my block.

Custard you have hawk eyes   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  lol  also you know your chassis very well... you seem to have noticed that the turbo is where there is a small support in the engine bay. this support has been cut away. later there will be a substitue support welded in a slightly different location.

custardavenger

Indeed I have looked at alot of options for mine. It seams you have fuller pockets. Looks like a really nice job. Are you gonna be charge cooling that or inter-cooling?

Shame you're not in England or I'd be after you old bumpers.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

cclarke99

Engine and suspension mods look very nice, but the body kit doesn't do much for me

Tags: