1zz turbo 1.81L GTK450 updated 19/02/12 pg5

Started by MR2 super GT, August 13, 2007, 21:22

Ilogik

man that is a build and a half! Love it.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

MR2 super GT

Small update, no pictures or video yet.

Car has now been mapped.

On regular unleaded at 1.0 BAR it made 300hp at the flywheel which is nice.

its restricted to 200hp for the break in period. car comes back on saturdays boat so maybe have some pictures tomorrow or next week.
when I\'m not in traction, I\'m in action

uktotty

What colour are you painting it when its finished?

MR2 super GT

I have changed my mind 2 times, and I think the final choice will be white, keeping the carbon bits un painted.

don't have enough to get the re spray done yet so in the mean time im getting the doors and roof vynil wrapped

cool_apple

Quote from: "cclarke99"Engine and suspension mods look very nice, but the body kit doesn't do much for me

when done it looks tasty, here's mine

keep it white (championship white or pearl). i've seen another reckless in white (japan) with varis hood (awesome).

MR2 super GT

Hi cool apple, i have been watching your thread on SC for along time, I have seen your finished spyder, its super nice   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

I think you have picked a really nice colour for the car and also the slightly different shade for the side skirts.

Ilogik

That car looks tops mate!, 300 at 1 bar is wicked, can't wait to see some piccys. How much did the engine rebuild ect set you back?

MR2 super GT

its cost LOTS... i dont really like saying how much ive spent. the ECU, wiring and tuning cost me £3100 alone.

you can work out the cost of all the parts on your own, labour for the build, ive actually lost track of how much its cost as its been on going for the last year... get the average cost of an engine build then add on probably another £1000 just for good measure.

im pleased with 300hp at the fly wheel but with my set up what could the engine produce safely? anyone know?

remember this is on regular unleaded NOT super. Also my wastegate is too small we found out.

to run 1.2 BAR as planned im going to need to get a larger wastegate and re-work the manifold   s:| :| s:|

Ilogik

looks like a mental build either way mate. I basically was trying to work out how much to spend for a reliable 270. You have more than enough power and thats just on unleaded.

Anonymous

Loving it! Uve put so much work and money in but it has really paid off, Where abouts in antrim do u live mate Im just outside of ballyclare myself

cool_apple

i see you are also using this rear impact bar. because the reckless kit extends further out, I have added brackets to secure the kit at the bottom where the rear number plate sits. (as in stock bumper the lower part is also secured by bolts.)
see the extended bracket below. brackets were measured & 2 extra holes were drilled on the kit.

i reckon there could be a little vibration of the lower bumper kit if left unsecured since we are probably going much 'faster'.  s8) 8) s8)

MR2 super GT

Thanks for that cool_apple  !

MR2 super GT

Finally got the car running. here is some pics of how it looks at the moment

MR2 super GT

MR2 super GT

car runs nicely with 200hp. a bit guttless upto 3,000rpm. To get the best response you need to keep it around 3500rpm in what ever gear your needing.

its the first time ive drove the car with all the new handling mods - Addco sway bars, 3.0 chassis braces, C-one engine mounts and torque damper etc. the car just eats up pretty much anything the roads can give it. I never expected to have such confidence on rough B roads but he car feels so solid and responsive. I knew by the review of the braces they would be one of the most worth while mods you could and they were right.

custardavenger

Good to see you still alive. Looking good. I have to say, MAN THAT'S A BIG SPOILER!!!

So is it still  on run in or are you out of that yet?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

uktotty

Looks good and I am one of the rare ones who likes the wide body kit.
What colour are you going to spray it when finished?

MR2 super GT

Yeah im still alive, just seemed like the project would never get completed. Ive only had the car back for 1 week, still running it in.

I have decided on white. I will keep the carbon parts un painted. my plan was to vynil the roof and doors white for the time being till it was ready to get painted.

the car gets a lot of compliments even with the current colour scheme. lots of people love the black on white. I just cant decide if I want to keep any of that.

custardavenger

You should get compliments there is some nice workmanship there and it's a great kit.

Looking forward to what figures it makes once you can open it up properly.

What boost are you running at the moment?

I'm just waiting for one of the photoshoppers on here to turn it into the blues brothers car   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

uktotty

Quote from: "MR2 super GT"I have decided on white. I will keep the carbon parts un painted. .
Shame.
Oh well I guess it works for other cars

MR2 super GT

lol nice pic of the police car. your not a fan of keeping carbon 'carbon' then ?

personally I like the contrast between the white and the carbon and in the future if you grow tired of it you can always paint it.

its better than painting it and deciding you dont like it

its running 0.5 bar at the moment. Im not sure exactly what HP it is but was told its 200hp

evileye_wrx

Looking good there , should be awesome when it's finished. Is it going for more tuning? 200bhp doesn't seem a lot for half a bar of pressure, especially with a charge cooler. I made 199bhp at 5psi with no additional cooling at all. I made 205 on a different dyno and with a bigger exhaust

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

MR2 super GT

XC im not sure the exact power or tune that the engine mapper put on the ECU for the break in period. It might be just to make sure I dont cook it before it beds in.

actually I just checked my boost gague, its 5 psi which works out at 0.35 Bar

Ilogik

looks bad ass mate. Fancy a swap for my gf and my car lol. What wheels are those.

MR2 super GT

lol Im sure she will be thrilled to hear you say that.

The wheels are J-Line custom spec

Tags: