Major mal-function light....

Started by worzy, August 14, 2007, 20:17

worzy

Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone has ever encountered similar probs, I went to overtake a car the other day and as i put my foot down the major mal-function light came on.

I read in the manual it could appear if there is no petrol in the car. My petrol light was on but i wasn't right out. I have since filled the car up but its still there.

I didnt know if i may have a sensor gone or anything like that, does anyone have any ideas?? The only other thing i was worried about is if it has anything to do with my pre-cats.....again, lol!

I would appreciate it if anyone has any thoughts they could share with me........

Thanks Guys,

Ben.

spit

You need to get the code read. Have a look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum to find a local member with a reader (providing you're not a J-Spec) and get the code. That'll save a lot of speculation.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Wabbitkilla

You need to get someone with an OBDII reader to have a look. Without knowing the code, it's impossible to say.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

worzy

thanks guys just got one off ebay so hopefully i will be able to find out now

thanks ben

spit

Good luck Ben. Can you report back when you get the code read? If its something odd we can continue to discuss it here. If its one of the more usual suspects we can lock this thread and you pick it up in an existing discussion. Thanks.

Oh, and don't forget to add yourself to the list in the sticky thread  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

worzy

hi guys scanner turned up this morning plugged it in tonight it came up with 0141 02 sensor heater circuit (bank1 sensor2) so know i have this code where will i find this sensor lol

thanks for ur help

spit: now puttin my name down bud

enid_b

its the 3rd 02 sensor, after the main cat.

get on ur knees and look just above the outlet of the exhaust pipe. its tucked away just under there.

then speak to spit about his famous resistor fix.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: