Wiper Blades - Loose Rubber!

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2007, 21:31

Anonymous

The rubber bit which makes contact with the screen has started to come loose on both my wipers.  This makes wet motoring more akin to driving some heap of shit kit car.  Obviously this is not good enough otherwise I wouldnt have bought the MR2 in the first place, so what precise bit do I need to buy to replace these (rather than the whole wiper), or is this a rare example where just going to Mr T and have them sort it is the simplest (and not that expensive)?

Anonymous

For the sake of what, £25, I'd just replace both wiper blades with the Bosch ones from Halfrauds.

Wabbitkilla

Well, what i did was drive along to my local Mr T to buy some blades.
The stores guy came out, took off my wiper blades and we replaced the rubbers before putting them back on. Only yhe rubbers mind, we re-used the metal spring pieces and the blade assemblies.

Wasn't an embarrassing cost either.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

I feel the time is nearing where I once again set foot inside the inner sanctum of Mr T.... not since the great engine implosion of 2006 has such a feat occurred!  s:o :o s:o

Wabbitkilla

I was expecting to need to pay for the full blade metalwork and rubber, like VW, Ford or the likes. But i was pleasantly surprised to find they would just replace the rubbers for a reasonale price.

Go for it, you may just be as pleasantly surprised as i was.
Toyota dealers - they have their uses, well when they're not trying to rip your heart out through your wallet for servicing
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

DannyN

I got my rubbers replaced by MrT, whilst I sat in the showround trying to pull bits off all the show cars (well open every nook and cranny and adjust anything I could get my hands on)

And its was mighty cheap - a fair bit less than new blades from Halfrauds
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"For the sake of what, £25, I'd just replace both wiper blades with the Bosch ones from Halfrauds.

noooooo, dont do it, i've gone through 2 sets in a year, they're crapper than hell on the 2. The stock rubbers can be changed at a measley cost of £2 for the rubber from mr.T and work much better
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

uktotty

Wish I had known this a week ago when I bought some from Halfrauds!
Ironically I was thinking while fiting them, why am I throwing all this metal away when its just the rubber that is worn!

aaronjb

Ditto - another person here regretting getting full blades from Halfrauds rather than just the rubbers from Mr T..  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

You live and learn, as they say!

Incidentally - I found Champion wipers from Partco lasted much longer than Bosch on my last car.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "aaronjb"Ditto - another person here regretting getting full blades from Halfrauds rather than just the rubbers from Mr T..  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

You live and learn, as they say!
And another  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: