A match for PE1215-S IHI turbo?

Started by spit, August 27, 2007, 11:31

northernalex

Phil/ste's plan was to do this .. this weekend!
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

spit

(next weekend Alex!)

Thanks for fielding this while I've been away guys, especially you Dave - Hero  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

OK, just to clarify: I have the two main gaskets but they're stuffed, so if we can get them in time (a week on friday) and they're not extortionate, those would be handy. Part numbers given above by Mark - ta matey:

Turbo exhaust gasket - 1361-T111
Turbo gasket out - 1362-T111

I also need the:

Oil return gasket - 13-15196-69F00 , only one if they're expensive, but 2 if they're cheap (there's one at the oil pan end I might as well replace too!).

As for oil feed restriction - hmmm - perhaps the thing to do is get Paul Woods to comment on whats coming off your car Nigel? There's no indication of a restrictor at the turbo end of the oil line, and I'd be very surprised if there's something on the T-piece, but worth a check I suppose.

Turbo banjo hole is 3mm diameter - maybe that's enough for a fair compromise? What do you think?

That said, if it is a BB turbo as you say then I'd prefer to limit the oil flow a little more and save the bearings and seals.

If its journal rather than BB - I dread to think what  arestrictor could do  s:? :? s:?  Without confirmation that its RHF, or RHC or whatever - this one is a bit of a stumper.

It'll be great when its finished though  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

evileye_wrx

We'd still need to replace the turbo gaskets, which is what Ste is having the difficulty sourcing. I presume that would be the same with any 2nd hand kit. So it's not like we only have half a kit, the rest is about modifying what we have to make it better.

We do still have a wee while to sort this out as the fitting isn't planned until 8th of Sept as opposed to this weekend. And as Ste says there are still alternatives.
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

spit

Quite right Phil. These are more belt-and-braces assurances than absolute essentials, but if a job's worth doing etc.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

TBH I'm less worried about the gaskets than getting the oil feed right, but either way I'm curious to know what turbo we're dealing with!

markiii

part number 1411-T111 is listed as oil pressure adaptor

either thats a restrictor, or it's a a T fitting to allow the oil feed to come off teh pressure sensor.

does teh kit use the latter?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

Quote from: "markiii"does the kit use the latter?

Yes, thats the T-piece for the oil pressure switch Mark. I'd be very surprised if that includes a restrictor - more likely to see it at the turbo end where the standard PE kit has nothing?

Just spoken with Paul Woods - charming chap. He's going to have a look at Nigel's T to confirm.

As it happens he's confronted with an identical dilemma himself on another project (unknown turbo)!

My gut feel is that the oil banjo is a sufficient restriction. Paul suggests trying it and resorting to a bigger (ie smaller!) restrictor if there's signs of oil getting through the seals. Thats a plan in the absence of more confirmation.

markiii

in which case I'd work on teh basis it's journal bearing as there is nothing else in teh parts ist that is close to describing a restrictor.

TBH a turbo that small probably woudn't gain much from being BB anyway.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Prolex-UK

if you want me to order the bits pse let me know ASAP as I'm about to order stuff from PE...  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse 2010 182 bhp  lovely car !!
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )
http://www.prolex-uk.com

markiii

any idea on price for those gaskets Dave?

spit

Quote from: "Prolex-UK"if you want me to order the bits pse let me know ASAP as I'm about to order stuff from PE...  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Thanks Dave - you have mobile voicemail  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Prolex-UK

have asked for a quote for the following bits.......

Turbo exhaust gasket - 1361-T111
Turbo gasket out - 1362-T111

I also need the:

Oil return gasket - 13-15196-69F00
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )

spit

Thanks Dave. Hope you're getting my mad mobile phone messages?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I'm out and about today but I'll find time to give you a call.

Ste

Prolex-UK

Hi

£10 for a set of 3

That OK ?

Neen to know ASAP !

ordering a new PE Turbo kit tonight so will include this in that.....

@ Ste pse email your addy as I'll get the gaskets sent direct to you

and the Turbo is not for me.......  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

Dave,

Can you order me a set as well

If they are that hard to get I'll future proof  :-) :-) :-)

spit

s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Done.

So who is the turbo for then? Are you allowed to say?

spit

Quote from: "markiii"Dave,

Can you order me a set as well

If they are that hard to get I'll future proof  :-) :-) :-)

Mark - Dave has just confirmed my order (jeez, he's quick!) I've suggested they put yours in with mine and I'll send 'em down with Celine to save you both on postage.

Ste

markiii

nice one cheers Ste

markiii

Quote from: "spit":
So who is the turbo for then? Are you allowed to say?

no idea yet but I just see it happening at some point  :-) :-) :-)

loadswine

If mine gets taken apart, then I'll need a set for the next owner of my PE kit.
I didn't need them on the reinstall I did, as the turbo came off still bolted to the manifold.
Amazingly quick stuff by Dave, that is some service!  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Peter Wright

Id better have a set as well if its not late
Cheers Ste
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

spit

Quote from: "Peter Wright"Id better have a set as well if its not late
Cheers Ste
Pete

GB anyone??  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Peter/Nigel. I think Dave has already despatched the order for two sets to be sent directly to my house - we need these to be flown over quickly if they're to get here in time.

Dave may be able to intercept, but I hope you understand that I don't want to hold the process up. I'm sure Mark will part with his to the highest bidder  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Peter Wright

Understood   s:D :D s:D  
Thanks
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

loadswine

No worries Ste, sorry mate, wasn't attempting to hold things up at all. I was really thinking out loud.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
When my kit comes back to me, I'll have a look and can always contact Dave then, if I need to.
Sorry I haven't been of more use on this.
Hope all goes well with the fitting.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Prolex-UK

Hi

order sent for the two............I will get a few more sets in on my next order in 3 weeks.

Can't say who PE kit is for...........hes having that,I/C,550cc injectors,e-manage ultimate and some other whizzy stuff fitted   s:D :D s:D  

Think he may pop up shortly tho !

Prolex-UK

mmmmmmmmmmmm PE got a bit funny when I asked for another 3 sets.

Ste's 2 sets are en route to his mansion.

Will have to hangfire on getting some more....I think they think I am doing my own turbo kit on the cheap hence sudden reluctance.

I'm sure if there is an emergancy I'll be able to assist

Dave

Tags: