V6 mk3 project thread ( vid added Page 8 + page 10)

Started by paul Woods, September 1, 2007, 14:37

Liz

It has been a pleasure reading this thread and seeing the whole thing through - and I really can't wait to see it in the "flesh" so to speak.  Nice on Nigel, well done to you and Paul for seeing this through to what sounds like a brilliant conclusion!   s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Nice one Nige, glad it's come together for you. I must admit it's something to consider for the future - but not in my my current car, to much history, it's in the same league as my Spit.  s8) 8) s8)  

I might consider it for an older model later, I fancy a full blown track car but not sure yet.

If you are ever up around our area, I wouldn't mind a quick run in the beast  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

It's been a great thread.

Rob.

loadswine

Thanks guys for the encouragement on the way.
Here are a couple of little vid clips that I shot yesterday at Woodsport with the car ticking over and then with Paul reversing it out of the garage.

The weather was too naff to do any more by the time we got it outside, but I will shoot some and post up.  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

evileye_wrx

A haha, seen that pic of me on photobucket. It was bloody cold standing around at the garage!
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

alancdavis

Nice looking engine bay as well
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

loadswine

I took the car out for a little spin this afternoon and shot a few bits of vid with the phone, apologies for the quality and they aren't edited, but they give the general idea, oh and sound of course! lol

Hope you like them anyway!

Draggon

Damn that sound gorgeous....I am very jealous.
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

kanujunkie

was that the begginings of Nigel about to giggle like a little girl at the end of that third video?

reminds me of this one   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   m http://www.mr2roc.org/Repository/misc/Nigelwed/ncwed6.mp4 m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

loadswine

Yep! Teehee!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
This thing certainly inspires the giggle reflex!

Liz

I laughed at your Wey Hey!!  sounds gorgeous Nigel - nice camerawork by Carol as well.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

loadswine

Thanks Liz, I'll pass on the credit to her!    s:) :) s:)

NorthandSouth

Makes me smile just to hear that roar   s:D :D s:D  so gawd knows what its like to actually be in the car that makes that noise!!! bloomin brilliant I should think!!!

Lynne
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

heathstimpson

That does sound sweet indeed Nigel  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

loadswine

Another little vid clip. I'm putting these up , cos when I was researching, there was not enough vid around to give an indication of sound etc.
This is just a gentle jaunt along a country road , just burbling along.
My son, Dave is actually driving and I did the vid.

I'm getting a bit more confident with it now that the roads are dry, and my goodness, it really hangs on, especially as the rear suspension is a little higher now and the front a little lower. Balance is better than before somehow and it isn't upset by bumpy roads as much. It all feels nicely planted.

loadswine

Just in case anyone out there likes a bit of vid, Carol shot some today when we were out in the lanes of Sussex.
I'm loving this version of the Roadster, it just makes me smile all the time and it really steers on the throttle, as Mark commented when he drove it last week. I wish I could have got some when he was driving, but it was mainy dark at the time. His chickling was something special!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

markiii

well about time I posted my thoughts having covered a coupel of hundred miles in her last weekend (cheers Nige  :-) :-) :-) )

this has to be teh best roadster I have ever driven

instant power all the way to teh red line

smooth as butter

sounds like a Dino, no boom, no resonance just quiet as a mouse when cruising, but when you get on teh power oh my god teh noise is beautiful
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

Looking forward to driving this to the event shamelessly plugged below;

Some Spyder owners arrange weekend 'meets' at a cold wet field;
MR2-ROC owners do it on the Beach!

Some Spyder owners arrange 'meet' and drive boring motorways;
MR2-ROC owners do it on the Twisties!

Some Spyder owners go away for the weekend and sleep in tents;
MR2-ROC owners do it in Luxury accommodation!

Come and join the MR2-ROC owners club 'Blat to the Sun', you're invited!

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19951

Please come along for this trip , it should be absolutely brilliant, treat your other halves/ significant others to a trip they'll love too.  s:D :D s:D

loadswine

Well, quite a few people have asked how much weight gain is involved in the swap. I finally managed to get the car on the weighbridge today.
Same machine as before, though the lad working the figures took the reading while I was still in the car.
This means I have to admit my weight in public.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Well, to give you the maths, total weight 1140Kg ( me and 2)
My weight ( with safety shoes on!) 92 Kg
Now the weighbridge is accurate to the nearest 20kg, I am told.
So logically take 100Kg off for me, which leaves an approximate weight
for a 3VZ-FE equipped Roadster of ........... 1040Kg
Weight when PE turbo powered................. 1000Kg

So a gain of 40Kg, not bad i think.  s8) 8) s8)

kanujunkie

thats sod all difference Nige, interesting, i thought it would be a lot more
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

loadswine

I guess its about the same as having two large bags of sand in the engine bay. Very nice sounding sand of course.

spit

Very surprised by this  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

And given the +/-20kg error you could argue that there's no difference, although you've put on some ballast since getting married matey  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
*runs'n'hides from the big scary man*
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

enid_b

I WANT ONE !!!!![/b]
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

loadswine

I have gone on a diet you know!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Trying to shift some ballast, teehee!
 I was surprised. The reading was definitely 1140 , I saw the figures come up, unless that didn't include me after all, but then I can't believe it would have added 140Kg, that is a heck of a lot.

ChrisGB

And the extra weight (well the bit contributed by the engine  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) is right on the axis of turn so makes little difference to the balance anyway.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

enid_b

Having now seen this project completed, admiring from a far the quality and craftmanship of woodsports finest engineers i would love to bestow on of my famous and also an extra special gold star.

for engineering above and beyond the call of duty.

and nigel, one for you for the vision and the 'what if' thought processes behind this installation. i know that many of us are in complete awe of what has been achieved here and you are one lucky bunny.

medals 'r' us

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: