V6 mk3 project thread ( vid added Page 8 + page 10)

Started by paul Woods, September 1, 2007, 14:37

loadswine

Good for you matey. Its even local for you. Bonus!!  s:D :D s:D
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

WillsSayers

Aiye, only about 10 miles away!  s:D :D s:D

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

loadswine

Just to round this thread off, I did actually stick it on a dyno at the weekend.

The figures probably don't rank in the pub boasting bracket, but reflect how useable and driveable the whole package is.
Bearing in mind this is likely to be the only 3vz-fe roadster ever, as folks now opt for the lighter and slightly more powerful 1mz-fe.
It gives a flavour of the wide torque spread particularly, which is what makes it so much fun to drive.
Headline horsepower is more than stock, but in the TTE and PE turbo ballpark.

and with AFR displayed

Fuelling is a bit rich in the upper reaches, but this is on the stock Camry ecu, originally designed for an auto box to boot!
I do have a Walbro pump which may run the injectors at slightly higher pressure.
Something to address another day.   s:) :) s:)

Captain Vimes

Looks like a nice spread of torque and a nice result. You must be pleased!

Any thoughts on the dip at 4000rpm?

I was very surprised to see that the headline figure was almost exactly the same as the results I got on my PE turbo conversion and thought I'd post them here for a comparison for those that are interested in the difference. I guess the key difference is that the 1zz PE needs revving more to make the same power (at the low boost levels that I run anyway).

loadswine

I wasn't surprised at all really, as I was running a chargecooled PE turbo on my car pre V6. That made 198 or so and 188lbft, though the torque was not as instant. This conversion is not about outright horsepower, I've always thought that, its about torque spread and driveability.
The feature at 4000 rpm is where the ACIS cuts in. It feels a little like the VVTI on the 1zz, only amplified. Makes a smashing howl when that happens.
The PE is one of my favourite turbo setups though, as it gives good driveability due to its fast spool up.

Dyn-Evo

Nice figures, Nige...!  s8) 8) s8)  

Proves that all the guesstimates are about right, then..?

I'll be sticking mine on the rollers when I've got everything tickety-boo, just for reference......and when the Megasquirt 3 is fitted.........!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I don't think I'll bother S/C-ing it, TBH........

I'd rather put the money into a set of Teins or TRD Sportivos......  s:D :D s:D
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

OlberJ

That's a fair shout Greg, spend the cash upping the handling to the next level, always a good idea.

Are you definitely going SC Nige?
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

loadswine

Yes Greg, the guestimates weren't far off. It all ties up with my experience of it on the road and in company with other cars I know about, so kind of in the TTE turbo ballpark, but with a 6 pot soundtrack and instant torque.
 The handling is pretty important with all these cars at increased power levels. I have that pretty much taken care of with chassis bracing, suspension and stuff so not much more to do on mine.
I would like a slicker changing gearshift if I'm honest, but the package is excellent overall.
For the fuelling, Johnnyg recommended one of these  m http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-ma ... r-f-ic-12/ m
its a piggy back unit, not a bad price either and in answer to your question Olie, I might go SC, depending on when the kit is released by Paul.
Question, do you reckon that little unit will take care of things with the centrifugal SC?

loadswine

Just in case anyone was looking at this thread in the past week and saw nearly all the pic links not working. Paul Woods had his photobucket account hacked and some malicious plonker removed all his pics, did the same on Youtube as well.
Photobucket have managed to restore his pic links again, so they are now back on this thread. Paul's vids are still AWOl for the time being, but I think my ones near the end should still be okay.

Yes, I know I don't own this car any more, but the reference may be interesting for some.  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: