Windscreen pillar trim replacement - any ideas?

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2007, 19:02

Anonymous

Finally getting round to tidying a few bits up on the 2'  I ordered a driverside windscreen pillar trim to replace the one that some little b$%£$$d prized at to remove the remainder of the glass that they'd smashed to get in.

I was think that i might carefull pull the damaged trim off, assuming it's a push fit.  The bit that I ordered looks a little more complex than I first thought.  Anyone out there done this before?

Pic 1 - is the damaged trim

Pic 1 - is the new part

cheers

Shaun

cclarke99

In the manual, it looks like you just lever the top edge of the trim down with a screwdriver (covered with masking tape) so that it clears the trim along the top of the winscreen surround and then slide the trim upwards. Fitting the new one is the reverse process.

Anonymous

thanks for the reply.  Ill take it easy and give it a go!

wbarrwebster

Hi,

My trim is leaking on the driver's windscreen trim....I'll have to order a new one, can you update me as to how you got on with fitting it..any probs?..
Thanks

Regards,

Barry W
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

No problems.

For info

The passenger side trim is T75506-17040 - £38.20 + vat
If you need the full seal (weatherstrip) T63251-17030 - £76.75 +vat

wbarrwebster

Shaun,

Good man....can you confirm difference between the two items, the car's in the Garage at the moment....so can't scrutinise  the trim...but want to order and fit next week.....well, that's the plan......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Thanks again!

Barry W
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"Shaun,

Good man....can you confirm difference between the two items, the car's in the Garage at the moment....so can't scrutinise  the trim...but want to order and fit next week.....well, that's the plan......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Job done in 20mins.......

- The trim is the one in the pics.
- The weatherstrip is the rubber seal that starts from close to the door hindges and travels up and over the windscreen and back down the other side.  The trim strip is external & fastens the rubber seal to the windscreen pillars.

Fitting the trim was fairly straightforward - 20mins.

- Gently level the trim down (thanks cclarke99).   You'll spot 3 white clips; these are the push fits onto the body work.

- The trim has an endstop (at the top edge).  This is actually moulded to the cars rubber seal.  Manuiplate this free from the trim and gently pop it out.  Then slide out the seal from the lip (the full length of the trim).  The trim is now free.

- You'll notice some securing rubber ahesive about an inch from top edge.  Just pull this off as the replacement has some behind the white tape.

- Take of the three white push-fit clips.  You'll need to put these back on the replacement part.  These come off with a philipps head screwdriver.

- After this is it's a case of gently manipulating the trim back into the seal.  Align the trim with the push-fit holes in the body work and pop it back on.  I used the driverside as a reference to make sure the seal is tucked in correctly - i.e. the same size gaps between the interior pillar trim and the seal and the exterior pillar trim & seal.

Job done & seal tested with the hosepipe   s:D :D s:D  

Hope this helps

Shaun

wbarrwebster

Shaun,

Job done, thanks,

Barry W
W. B. Webster

Tags: