Crower Cams, Apexi & A Zero

Started by DannyN, October 29, 2007, 17:51

DannyN

Hello
This is an update on my car after its final install and map at hypersports.
The car has the following setup
AEM Induction Kit, Crower Stage 1 Cams, Zero Manifold, SP Decat pipe and a Blitz Nur spec-R exhaust (oh and Greddy iridium plugs but I'm unsure if they make that much diffference)
Its ecu has been changed for an Apexi Power FC and has been tuned on the rolling road at Hypersports coming back with the following figures

165 bhp / 154 lbft

I'll try to get the dyno graph scanned in asap

Danny
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

ChrisGB

Nice numbers. Hows the low to medium speed running with the Crowers?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

markiii

not bad figures be intrigued to see teh curves
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Very nice Danny - congratulations.

From disaster to roaring success!
All you need now is those super streets to make best use of the power  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

DannyN

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Nice numbers. Hows the low to medium speed running with the Crowers?

Chris

Chris its fine,  low to medium pootling is nice and easy

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

northernalex

hey danny,, I'll bet that drives great!!!

So does that mean you've got the highest BHP of anyone with a NA??  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

ChrisGB

Quote from: "DannyN"
Quote from: "ChrisGB"Nice numbers. Hows the low to medium speed running with the Crowers?

Chris

Chris its fine,  low to medium pootling is nice and easy

Should have asked, do the forged pistons up the compression ratio?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

DannyN

Quote from: "markiii"not bad figures be intrigued to see the curves

Curves are nice and smooth,  I'll get them scanned in tomorrow ( ithink there actually might be a better curve somewhere cos I've got fridays curve and I know he had a nother tinker with it on saturday)

Nic - the super streets are in the front room behind the sofa   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Just waiting for the droplinks to arrive from 2srus and a window of oppurtunity at Chez Spitstop

[/size]

DannyN

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Should have asked, do the forged pistons up the compression ratio?
Chris

Oops forgot to mention the pistons in the first post!  As for the question I dont have the knowledge to answer that question but I can ask Chris for you if you like?

Quote from: "northernalex"hey danny,, I'll bet that drives great!!!
So does that mean you've got the highest BHP of anyone with a NA??  s:) :) s:)

Hell yeah it drives great - I've had the cams in for sometime now and it could possibly be the Highest Bhp 1ZZ NA in the country

[/size]

Anonymous

Hey Danny

Glad Chris got there in the end, those are some great figures, if I remember right the torgue figure shape was the same profile as mine, a good low start torque running pretty straight to 154 ftlbs about mid range.

I'm looking forward to having the Crowers fitted.  s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D  

Rob.

Two's Company

Congrats on the figures Danny.   s:D :D s:D  I can vouch for the speed of Danny's car after trying to keep up and wondering what was wrong with mine.

p.s. does it still sound like a bag of spanners?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

Quote from: "Two's Company"p.s. does it still sound like a bag of spanners?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Nice work by the lads there Danny. I spoke to Chris last week - I know he was hoping to hit 170 but we all know that smooth torque delivery is where its at. Top Job.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

northernalex

danny watch out.. you may have the best 1zz... but Rob is hot on your tail!!  s:) :) s:)

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"danny watch out.. you may have the best 1zz... but Rob is hot on your tail!!  s:) :) s:)

Alex

It's called team work  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

northernalex

LOL.. how much was a zero manifold again?  s:) :) s:)

Alex
evileye_xc said:

DannyN

That was the other thing I needed to tell everyone,  the Zero manifold comes in at £370 inc VAT delivered.

Now obviously thats dearer than the CHE but the quality is superb and all the pipes are the same length (within 10mm of each other).
It comes in at just over twice the price of a CHE delivered but it is easilt twice the manifold

Kevin (the bloke from Zero who makes them) is a great guy and really seems to know his stuff

Danny

[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "DannyN"That was the other thing I needed to tell everyone,  the Zero manifold comes in at £370 inc VAT delivered.

Now obviously thats dearer than the CHE but the quality is superb and all the pipes are the same length (within 10mm of each other).
It comes in at just over twice the price of a CHE delivered but it is easilt twice the manifold

Kevin (the bloke from Zero who makes them) is a great guy and really seems to know his stuff

Danny

considering teh price on the H&S one thats still a bargain Danny  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

DannyN

Quote from: "DannyN"it could possibly be the Highest Bhp 1ZZ NA in the country

Can anyone on here either confirm or deny this little claim ?

or expand it....

[/size]

northernalex

You have the carlsburg 1zz.. probably the  best 1zz in the country?  s:) :) s:)

lol

At that price for the zero.. and a couple of hundred plus fitting for the cams?  Certainly worth considering  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:

markiii

add some ITBs and your laughing  :-) :-) :-)

DannyN

Quote from: "markiii"add some ITBs and your laughing  :-) :-) :-)

I thought that idea had died ?

[/size]

Jaik

Quote from: "markiii"add some ITBs and your laughing  :-) :-) :-)
The noise!!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"That was the other thing I needed to tell everyone,  the Zero manifold comes in at £370 inc VAT delivered.

Danny

To be honest Danny when Kevin spoke to me the other week, he suggested maybe a lower price if there was enough interest.

I forgot to ask you, as the rattle gone now you have removed the heat shields and the Che?

Rob.

northernalex

I would be interested to be honest.  Although I have the pre-catless maifold in now (donated by FGRob  s:) :) s:)   Wonder if I'd need a remap with the newmaifold - to avoid spending another 300 quid.

Alex
evileye_xc said:

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"I would be interested to be honest.  Although I have the pre-catless maifold in now (donated by FGRob  s:) :) s:)   Wonder if I'd need a remap with the newmaifold - to avoid spending another 300 quid.

Alex

I think you would need a re-map, but I'm sure if you talk to Chris he will do you a good deal, remember you already have the basic's fitted.

FGRob - Donator   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: