2 year service is due

Started by evileye_wrx, October 31, 2007, 20:16

evileye_wrx

As it says I've just had the letter from Mr T saying my 20,000 mile service is due. My worry is what will they actually do to the car? Are they going to change the spark plugs, and put in standard ones which aren't up to the job now I'm turbo'ed. Same with oil. I don't want to fork out for a service at £197 and then have to do an oil and plug change. Should I take along my own? Or should I just ask them not to do those jobs as they've only been in the car a couple of months.
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

loadswine

I wouldn't bother to have Toyota service it Phil, just get a decent garage to change the oil and stamp the book. Warranty is void now with the turbo on there, so unless you know a fantastically good MrT, I really wouldn't waste the money.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Liz

Agreed, I took mine for a service with the TTET on it - the manual was exactly in the car where I left it and the group of spotty Toyota technicians only worried the life out of me but crowding around the engine bay and poking - but not as much as the man on service reception telling me how they had taken my car out for a long drive to make sure it was ok!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    They will only play with it if you leave it with them and I wouldn't trust them with a puppy.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

northernalex

Agreed with previous posts phil.. try a decent indipendant.. those guys that fitted my downpipe seemed professional..
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "northernalex"Agreed with previous posts phil.. try a decent indipendant.. those guys that fitted my downpipe seemed professional..

S-Cars wasn't it? All the way to Spenn tho. I'll see if I can get any recommendation a bit closer to home. Thanks all for the swift responses.
Phil

ChrisHumes

i would recommend s-cars, the guy there is ex-toyota as well. very good

Steven Velocity

or... you could have Steven Velocity do it for a lot less...

*end shameless plug*
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Steven Velocity"or... you could have Steven Velocity do it for a lot less...

*end shameless plug*

And just a tank and a half of gas to pay for getting to Manc and back.

Does this mean your staying Steven? Last I heard prospects didn't look too rosy
Phil

Silverman

Hi Phil,

I would not pay MrT Prices when it seems that your mods have destroyed the MrT Warranty?  I couldn't get warranty work done (hood) without any mods??? and have lost all faith in the co. attitude to Mk3's.

Regards,  S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Tags: