air filters

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2003, 07:55

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"
Quote from: "Buster"Would taht be able to fit on air intake??? Term

Slacey: Could you help me ordering it i dont know what it's called ??   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Buster I'm just about to ask Japan Parts for a quote as I'm well up for getting one.  In case you want to go direct it is an Apexi Power Induction kit for an MR-S (MR2 Roadster to us).

See what they will do for 2 of them price wise tho comer im well up for it ! intake that is   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"No problem at all Buster, I'll get an up-to-date quote from both Japanparts (where I had mine from) and MTTE, I'll post again when I get a price   s:D :D s:D

nice one son See what comer comes up with as well !

Anonymous

A little article below comparing filters - can't vouch for its validty though as I have no direct experience with these kits
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

If you want see scoops for the side vents check out the thread at Spyderchat and it might be worth getting in touch with Thodwris http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1345

Anonymous

yeah it looks nice on a kitted car but mines just standard   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   so i think they would look a bit out of place but good review tho thanxs   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Buster / Comer: so far MTTE have come back with £164 all in, delivered to your door. I have Asked Japanparts for a price and also Taka Kaira (which is actually the place I got mine from, not JParts!), they should both get back to me tomorrow.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Chris

Quote from: "Lusaka"If you want see scoops for the side vents check out the thread at Spyderchat and it might be worth getting in touch with Thodwris http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1345

Hmm interesting...  Not sure about the look in that last photo, but that's the kind of thing I was imagining   s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Comer

Quote from: "Slacey"Buster / Comer: so far MTTE have come back with £164 all in, delivered to your door. I have Asked Japanparts for a price and also Taka Kaira (which is actually the place I got mine from, not JParts!), they should both get back to me tomorrow.

Cheers Slacey.  I haven't heard back from Japan Parts yet, but to beat MTTE they will have to charge less than £140 (including delivery direct from Japan)  this is because the nice postie will knock and ask for customs charges of 17.5% VAT which will bring the total to £164.

I am presuming that MTTE being a UK company, they will send it on once they have received them from Japan and VAT has already been paid and included in the £164.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Chris

Comer,

I seem to remember that's how mine arrived - I didn't have to pay any extra when my package arrived!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Comer

Quote from: "Slacey"Buster / Comer: so far MTTE have come back with £164 all in, delivered to your door. I have Asked Japanparts for a price and also Taka Kaira (which is actually the place I got mine from, not JParts!), they should both get back to me tomorrow.

Trying to get a quote from Taka Kaira is beating me.  Every time I feel out a request form I get errors.  I'll wait for your quote instead!!
Michael

Anonymous

£164 sounds ok cheers for the info any deals to be done on buying 2 if comer wants to   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

I have sent a mail asking if we could sort a deal...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Still waiting to hear from Jparts & Taka Kaira   s:? :? s:?

Slacey

Good news guys, just had a very quick response from MTTE (at 22:35!), he says if I order two he will do it for £300, saving £28 - with that bringing the price down to £150 each, I don't think we will do any better from the others.   s:D :D s:D  
Let me know what you want to do - Buster - we could probably do some sort of deal whereas I pay for your intake and you knock the £150 off my audio bill....  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

dose it non invoid your warrenty????

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Last thing i want my car to blow up and Mr T say sorry but it's out off warrenty  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Comer

Quote from: "Buster"dose it non invoid your warrenty????

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Last thing i want my car to blow up and Mr T say sorry but it's out off warrenty  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

The dealer could be picky if they wanted to, but Peter L has had engine problems and Toyota haven't used his Blitz intake kit as an excuse to wriggle out of it.
Michael

Comer

Quote from: "Slacey"Good news guys, just had a very quick response from MTTE (at 22:35!), he says if I order two he will do it for £300, saving £28 - with that bringing the price down to £150 each, I don't think we will do any better from the others.   s:D :D s:D  
Let me know what you want to do - Buster - we could probably do some sort of deal whereas I pay for your intake and you knock the £150 off my audio bill....  s:?: :?: s:?:

Right my turn!!!!

Just had an email from Graham at Japan Parts:

<APEXI Part for TOYOTA MR-S>
*Power Intake: 14,800 JPY
Shipping to U.K. via EMS: 7,000 JPY
Mail Order Card Sale Surcharge(5%) by C.C.Company: 1,147 JPY
=======================================================
GRAND TOTAL: 22,947 JPY

You can check the approximate Currency Conversion at
 m http://www.xe.com/ucc/ m  

<DELIVERY TERM>
The part is available right now so it'll take
about 10-15 days(working day) or less to get to UK
since we receive your payment.

<TAX & DUTY>
Please remember you may subject tax,duty & terminal charge
when you receive your order but we do not know how much
it would be.

<HOW TO ORDER>
Please visit our site(about payment) at
 m http://www.japanparts.com/Howtoorder.htm m
and fill out our Secure Server Order Form at

m https://www.japanvehicles.com/cgi-bin/c ... order.html m

Many Thanks,

** TOKYO **
**GRAHAM MOTORS(JAPANPARTS.COM)**
** AKIRA **

I did the currency conversion and it works out as:
22,947.00 JPY Japan Yen = 115.949 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds 1 JPY = 0.00505291 GBP 1 GBP = 197.906 JPY

So £116 up front + VAT of £20 for the postman when it arrives = £136!!!

Sorry I didn't ask about a quote for 2 doh!  But I'm sure we could get him to mark the price down on the paperwork so the VAT comes in at less!

I'm off to Turkey on Monday for 2 weeks so I may order this weekend if you are interested Buster unless Slacey has already sorted things for you??
Michael

Slacey

Quote="Comer"<TAX & DUTY>
Please remember you may subject tax,duty & terminal charge
when you receive your order but we do not know how much
it would be.

So £116 up front + VAT of £20 for the postman when it arrives = £136!!!

Don't forget that import duty as well as the VAT, I'm not sure how much it will be though.

Comer

Oh I always assumed I was paying VAT only  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    Hmm I ordered my 03 vents from JP so I'll dig out my reciept and try to work out the percentages!!
Michael

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"Cheers Slacey.  I haven't heard back from Japan Parts yet, but to beat MTTE they will have to charge less than £140 (including delivery direct from Japan)  this is because the nice postie will knock and ask for customs charges of 17.5% VAT which will bring the total to £164.

Mine from TakaKaira (albeit quite some time ago), including shipping, came to £129.11 and there was no import duty to pay as they under-declared it as only being ¥2000  s:) :) s:)

Their website currently lists it as ¥14800, (~£75), plus ¥5,290 shipping (~£27). So even if you get charged import duty and VAT, that would make a grand total of about £124.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Don't forget that import duty as well as the VAT, I'm not sure how much it will be though.

4% on these sort of goods, added before the VAT. So, yes, you do pay VAT on the duty.

Oh, and all the above is on the total including shipping too.

Comer

Thanks Phil.  Anybody else beat that!!!
Michael

Comer

Thanks Phil.  Anybody else beat that!!!
Michael

Anonymous

So now im well confussed whats the prices of the 2 quotes and shipping time etc????

VAT TAX are you sure im a student we dont get taxed   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

LOL

Slacey

Just my 2p's worth, but if it was me buying, I'd probably go with MTTE's £150, at least you know exactly what you'll be paying and won't have any of the customs hassle, but then it's not me buying, is it!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Just my 2p's worth, but if it was me buying, I'd probably go with MTTE's £150, at least you know exactly what you'll be paying and won't have any of the customs hassle, but then it's not me buying, is it!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

If TakaKaira underdeclare the value (although for a multiple order, the customs man might get suspicious that such a big box is only worth a few quid), then the Post Office deliver it (if you use EMS shipping). = Zero hassle.

Even if you have to pay the VAT, the Post Office turn up and ask for the money before handing the box over. = Minimal hassle.

With Fedex/UPS/other couriers, they tend to deliver and send you an invoice through the post within a couple of weeks. = Almost zero hassle.

Buying from abroad, in this Internet and credit-card age, is no hassle at all, and only hightens the rip-off that this country is (but don't get me started, 'cos that belongs in another group   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  )

Anonymous

Has anyone seen the Pipercross induction kit?

Anyone know what the Difference between the Blitz sus power air cleaner, sus power air filter lm and the sonic power air filter.
Apart from the price.

Tags: