Which companies can supply what I need for a 2ZZ-swap?

Started by Anonymous, November 7, 2007, 19:37

Anonymous

My 1ZZ-engine is toast, and an I need to find a new engine.

From reading this forum, spyderchat, and the Monkeywrench website, I find that most of you guys recommend a 2ZZ-swap, and it is very tempting.  s:) :) s:)  

However, 2ZZ-engines are non-existent here in Norway where I live. I have found a couple of engines on Ebay, but I would prefer to buy most of the stuff I need from the same place.

I found that Monkeywrench Racing can supply most of what I need.
 (Cut and paste from MWR website: )

Individual Components:
Used, low mile 2ZZ engine (under 50k) - $2500
Used, low mile 2ZZ 6-speed transmission (under 50k) - $1000
2ZZ Power FC - $995
Custom engine mount - $50
Custom Shifter Shaft - $150 (with exchange)

I have emailed them for a total price including shipping to Norway.

Question is:
Are there any shops in the UK which can supply engine, tranny and ECU? Or the whole package mentioned above? What about a complete wrecked Celica or Corolla? Where can I find one?

I hope to have the first 2ZZ-powered MR2 in Norway ready to go soon.  s:) :) s:)

Thanks in advance.  s:) :) s:)

Regards,
Bugster

kanujunkie

try using the search button which will show you that people like Rogue Motorsport, iirc they will install your engine for about £1600
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Or Paul Wood at Woodsport - if he can fit a 3VZ while making all the extra parts from scratch, I'm sure he could fit a 2ZZ in..

m http://www.woodsport.org/ m

[edit] He's even up north (in Co. Durham) if you wanted to take the slow boat over from Stavanger or Kristiansand to Newcastle.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies, I am aware about Rogue and Woodsport, but I am only interested in the parts needed. I can put in in the car myself, but I need the parts.  s:) :) s:)

Will drop Woodsport a few lines though, to check if they can supply what I need. Thanks again.

More advices?

Anonymous

Bought it all from Monkeywrench. Can't wait to see the result.  s:) :) s:)

Ernie Ball

What was the shipping, if you don't mind me asking?

Anonymous

DOn't mind at all. $625 to Oslo Port, Norway.

Tags: