Japanese Performance Mag (Pre Cats)

Started by Peter Wright, November 8, 2007, 16:10

Anonymous

Can only say I wish I'd known about this forum before my precats disintegrated and fubarred my engine  s:!: :!: s:!:  

For what it's worth I believe the oil burning issue it had was what caused the weakening and eventual collapse of the precat material.

Fortunately for me Toyota have recognised that there is an issue with the pistons and has issued as a matter of Good Will the afforementioned extended warranty on cars up to 7 years old (with a limited mileage) They replaced half of the engine and included a new main cat, and gave me a courtesy car for the week. All For NOTHING. If that isn't the actions of a company with a guilty conscience then I don't know what is!

Especially when you consider I only had a 50% service history which wasn't all MrT - they could very easily have told me to cough up for the damage and been within their rights to do so as the car (6 years old) was outside it's original warranty.

Whilst I've been pleased with the way in which the problem was dealt with after it occured I would have preferred it had they recalled the cars and prevented the issue in the first place. Obviously the issue hasn't occured in significant enough numbers for them to do that or else I'm sure they would have. This is Toyota we're talking about, not Ford or Vauxhall.

My main concern is how many people have paid out for the repairs when they shouldn't... can they get their money back  s:?: :?: s:?:

tonigmr2

m http://www.whatcar.com/valuation-summar ... 34&ML=2500 m

QuoteFor Open-air fun that won't cost the earth; simple hood

Against Limited storage space

Reliability Inside of exhaust can break up and damage manifold, costing £500 to repair. Good showing in '05 JD Power survey. '05 models recalled to check for risk of brake fluid leaking.

£500 a bit of an underestimate methinks.
T
Yellow 55 with hardtop and aircon!

Anonymous

Quote from: "tonigmr2"£500 a bit of an underestimate methinks.
T

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Yep! Try adding another £2k and it'll be close to what mine would have cost had the warranty not been in place  s:!: :!: s:!:

roger

They are half right, £500 will repair the manifold, its the rest that's the real problem.

Guess it was written by somebody who doesn't know what a pre-cat is (a MrT technician   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: