Will front strut brace make a difference?

Started by NorthandSouth, November 14, 2007, 18:31

NorthandSouth

Lynne wants a nice romantic strut brace for Christmas    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
before I get one (£40 on ebay.. your gonna tell me its cr*p   s:D :D s:D  ) I just wondered would she notice a difference on a 04 plate cos I think I read they had improved stiffening.

Mike
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

Anonymous

Personally I'd lower it first.
Looks and performance.

It should tighten up the front end - reduce tramlining (is this a problem in 04 cars?). Whether she'll notice a big difference in her daily driving I don't know. How "enthusiastic" a driver is she?

NorthandSouth

but I dont want to lower it Simon...I like it as it is and at least I can get over the speed humps at work!!

Depends on what you mean by enthusiastic....I'm not a mad driver but I do like to put my foot down now and again   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Lynne   s:D :D s:D
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

Anonymous

Lynne, i did not lower my 02 because of speed bumps, but i lowered the 06, really is the best mod, looks far better and handles even better.
There is a pic of mine lowered in the garage.

alancdavis

I asked the same question....  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   but after fitting front and rear strut braces I became one of the converted,,,,,,,,YES,a significant improvement    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Two's Company

Mike - I'd go for a Corky x-brace or plate first then the strut bar.

I noticed more of an improvement from the corky plate than the strut bar.

Steve

Anonymous

QuoteThere is a pic of mine lowered in the garage.

Oh yes that is nice. I like the de-badged with liquid art Eagle look.

Just can't convince the wife to lower hers  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

davidhowson

Front upper brace went onto mine too, but only after Tein springs and uprated ARB drop links!

kanujunkie

lowering, strut brace and ARB will all make a difference, they should all be treated the same rather than one being better than another, its like a jigsaw, you need all to get a complete picture
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Two's Company"Mike - I'd go for a Corky x-brace or plate first then the strut bar.

I noticed more of an improvement from the corky plate than the strut bar.

Steve
And I have an original Corky brace for sale for £80 including P&P. If interested send me a pm  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

northernalex

I put on the front strut brace and then the corkies, felt an improvement with the FSB, and a smaller improvement with the corkies.  Less scuttle shake, although not completly removed.

Car now understeers when going round a corner too fast rather than feeling like its twisting as it was before the FSB.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Wabbitkilla

Mine's an 03 car and i....

Fitted a Corky breastplate - dramatically improved the rigidity of the car, reduced scuttle shake and better handling altogether.

Lowere on Tein S-Tech springs - much improved handling, reduced roll in the corners.

Just fitted Cusco Front Strut Tower Brace (the ebay ones are copies of these), what did that do? Turn in is more precise and quicker. Stability in corners is improved when you find the road getting lumpy, i would say the slight vagueness that was there is now gone.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Front strut bar makes a massive difference, all bracing does. Of couse the more U do the more of a diminshing return u get.

I've a che's front brace one of corkys original brest plates and a cusco front strut. The difference between this and stock is fantastic.

In my opion defintly do bracing first

roger

Definitely breast plate first, that stops the shake rattle and rolls.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

After that it gets a bit personal - looks, cornering, control, cost? Personally I would lower then FSB (even though I did it the other way round, basically because the FSB was there and available)
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Leeber

Mine's an 06, I fitted the FSB and a set of SP12's a couple of weeks after getting the car, I immediately noticed that the steering felt much more precise/direct (not sure if that's because of the wheels or the FSB but I'm betting it was the latter). Next came the lowering springs which made the biggest difference to the handling and very recently I fitted the Corky's which made the smallest difference of the three. I didn't think I'd notice any difference at all with the FSB but I was pleasantly surprised.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Tags: