Lyn's TRD VM180 V6

Started by Rogue, November 15, 2007, 22:34

Chris

Quote from: "Rogue"Edit - forgot to mention Lyn's car was orginially SMT.

Patrick

ah interesting, so does that mean she's still smt or have you had to revert back to a manual box?  I hear that doing any kind of power upgrade is a lot harder as the smt ecu needs to link in to the new ecu so it knows gears/revs etc, but not many 3rd party ecu's allow this...   s:( :( s:(
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Rogue

Quote from: "Chris"ah interesting, so does that mean she's still smt or have you had to revert back to a manual box?  I hear that doing any kind of power upgrade is a lot harder as the smt ecu needs to link in to the new ecu so it knows gears/revs etc, but not many 3rd party ecu's allow this...   s:( :( s:(

Lyn never liked SMT and one of the things that swung the conversion was that she'd get a manual gearbox!

The C series gearboxes (as used in the mk1 and mk3 MR2) are incompatible with the 1MZ / 3VZ / 3S engine families - starter motor orientation being the most obvious issue. Had we been able to work around it we would have retained the stock gearbox (it would have made things a lot easier!) but would have still gone manual purely based on Lyn's preference.

Patrick

Ivano

the car Sounds AMAZING!!! MAN I am soooo envious!!!  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   Got my motor (1MZ) already, but still getting all the other bits together!!!
You and Nigel are killing me!!! at least I can play your video continuously until I have my own motor to listen to!! BIG UPS!!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Red 2001, TRD Circuit coilovers,TRD sportivo front and rear sway bars,TRD front and rear strut braces,17" black 5 spoke polished lip,,TRD short shifter,facelift air intakes,corkeys breastplate,Custom 68mm 304 stainless steel Exhaust Dual exit Pipes system, ceramic coated branches, internal antenna, custom Super \'M\' bonnet badge. 1MZ with ITB direct to head, Vipec v88 EMS, LSD, custom equal lenghth drivshafts.....now running and sounding very...very Mean!!!

Ivano

Oh 1 more thing? Any figures on power output? 0-60 etc?
Red 2001, TRD Circuit coilovers,TRD sportivo front and rear sway bars,TRD front and rear strut braces,17" black 5 spoke polished lip,,TRD short shifter,facelift air intakes,corkeys breastplate,Custom 68mm 304 stainless steel Exhaust Dual exit Pipes system, ceramic coated branches, internal antenna, custom Super \'M\' bonnet badge. 1MZ with ITB direct to head, Vipec v88 EMS, LSD, custom equal lenghth drivshafts.....now running and sounding very...very Mean!!!

Draggon

The videos on the road sound AWSOME  s:) :) s:)

Very jealous....Bet Nigel cannot wait to get his back and on the road  s;) ;) s;)
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

loadswine

True, I'd have it now, as its ready, but I've just got so many other things that i have to do in the next two weeks. The most important of which is getting married on 1st December.
Going up on 8th to get the V6 though, and lots of vid and pics will follow.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
It will be totally awesome!  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

tonigmr2

I just love the sound of these, it's also on my wish list.  In fact it's Patrick's fault I have a roadster, he was whispering about the V6 in it when I got it in May, LOL

T
Yellow 55 with hardtop and aircon!

Lyn@Rogue

Quote from: "tonigmr2"I just love the sound of these, it's also on my wish list.  In fact it's Patrick's fault I have a roadster, he was whispering about the V6 in it when I got it in May, LOL

Just wait until you drive it.... it's fantastic!  I'm over the moon with my car, it is great to have the power to match the looks at last. The guys here did me proud!

s:D :D s:D

Lyn

Prolex-UK

awesome.............hats off to you
Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse 2010 182 bhp  lovely car !!
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )
http://www.prolex-uk.com

Anonymous

Just listened to the second clip - nice! To me the V6 is the ideal engine for the 2. Makes a proper noise and has the extra grunt to really make them fly. Do you have a rough idea on one sort of power / torque it's making?

Rogue

Quote from: "RUSTY"Do you have a rough idea on one sort of power / torque it's making?

The stock figures for the 1MZ-FE engine that we've used are 188bhp / 203lb/ft (the earlier 3VZ-FE engine makes 185bhp / 188lb/ft). We know from tuning the 3VZ-FE that the V6 engines are mapped very conservatively for power, so we'll post dyno figures up after we've installed aftermarket engine management in a couple of weeks.

I did a few laps around Donington in the VM180 last weekend. I haven't viewed the video footage yet but if it's any good I'll post it up.

Patrick

Anonymous

It feels pretty similar to my TTE turbo in power and torque but makes a much better sound! It is also similar in that it's unnecessary to rev it to death to make progress. Keep it between 3 and 5 and you will be plenty happy on the road.

What is especially neat is how it is virtually inaudible when idling and gets progressively more throaty as you rev it. Very nice and the installation is extremely tidy.

Anonymous

With even that power and the even larger torque figure it should feel like you have wings! But after a bit of tuning the extra shove + that noise in the MR2 should make for an inspiring combination. Nice.

Chris

Quote from: "Rogue"
Quote from: "Chris"ah interesting, so does that mean she's still smt or have you had to revert back to a manual box?  I hear that doing any kind of power upgrade is a lot harder as the smt ecu needs to link in to the new ecu so it knows gears/revs etc, but not many 3rd party ecu's allow this...   s:( :( s:(

Lyn never liked SMT and one of the things that swung the conversion was that she'd get a manual gearbox!

The C series gearboxes (as used in the mk1 and mk3 MR2) are incompatible with the 1MZ / 3VZ / 3S engine families - starter motor orientation being the most obvious issue. Had we been able to work around it we would have retained the stock gearbox (it would have made things a lot easier!) but would have still gone manual purely based on Lyn's preference.

Patrick

apologies for the slight thread hijack, but would you attempt the smt - manual conversion without doing an engine swap? Would it be easyish or horribly long winded and complicated?  I take it's not as simple as removing pump, actuator & ecu, swapping gear boxes and installing a clutch pedal!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Rogue

Hi Chris,

I have your PM in front of me and we're just debating the technicalities now. Should be able to get back to you shortly.

Patrick

Rogue

Guys,

Just a note to let you know that we'll be exhibiting some of our cars in the PistonHeads (formerly Aftermarket) part of the Autosport International Show this weekend. We'll be taking along Lyn's V6 TRD VM180 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday if anyone wants to take a look!

If there's nobody obviously from Rogue near the car (identifiable by the black shirt with Rogue logo above the breast pocket) then you'll find us promoting the MR2 Championship on Stand CM8 in Hall 10 if you fancy a chat!

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

s12vea

Have you worked out a drive in drive out price for the v6 conversion yet?
After seeing and hearing your car ive got the bug! lol    s:D :D s:D
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Anonymous

WOW, thats the sexiest implant I`ve seen a girl can have!   s:D :D s:D

northernalex

Quote from: "c2gas"WOW, thats the sexiest implant I`ve seen a girl can have!   s:D :D s:D

Brilliant!!  s:) :) s:)  lol
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: