Silencer inserts?

Started by aaronjb, November 16, 2007, 21:06

aaronjb

Does anyone know of any UK suppliers of the silencer 'inserts' that you can get for.. ridiculously loud exhausts?

Something like this:

m http://www.raceinspired.com/p-6888-hks- ... ersal.aspx m

But preferrably from a UK supplier, or at least somewhere I've heard of before (or you've used)  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

From ana earlier post!!

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight= m

Might help  s:D :D s:D

ChrisGB

Jetex do some in a few diameters but you will need 300mm of straight pipe in a run to mount it. Listed in the custom build section as decibel inserts.

There used to be a company that made a stacked diffuser for exhaust tips, basically a set of round plates spaced with a closed end cap so the gas has to escape through smaller wider spaced slots. Cannot remember what they were called but they made a big V8 liveable (and MOT passable) with almost no silencing.

Must admit I contemplated making something up to go in the can on the end of the Che, but thus far am just living with the noise and waiting for plod to take an interest.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

evileye_wrx

You mean Aaron forgot to do a search? What a Noob   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Next he'll be asking if he needs the precats out or whether 18's are too big!

Only joking Mate   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

markiii

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Jetex do some in a few diameters but you will need 300mm of straight pipe in a run to mount it. Listed in the custom build section as decibel inserts.

There used to be a company that made a stacked diffuser for exhaust tips, basically a set of round plates spaced with a closed end cap so the gas has to escape through smaller wider spaced slots. Cannot remember what they were called but they made a big V8 liveable (and MOT passable) with almost no silencing.

Must admit I contemplated making something up to go in the can on the end of the Che, but thus far am just living with the noise and waiting for plod to take an interest.

Chris

supertrapp
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

kanujunkie

it is Phil. Aaron, give that company on Phils post a call, they're down near me and should be able to make the up for you, Abbey have a top notch name, especially on GTR's
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Silverman

Looks like some fiendish medical gadget to me!     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"Does anyone know of any UK suppliers of the silencer 'inserts' that you can get for.. ridiculously loud exhausts?

Get the Apexi Active Tail Silencer instead of those solid ones.  s;) ;) s;)

m http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1591/ m

QuoteBut preferrably from a UK supplier, or at least somewhere I've heard of before (or you've used)  s:) :) s:)

No idea about UK suppliers, but should be available from anyone who sells Apexi..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "ChrisGB"Jetex do some in a few diameters but you will need 300mm of straight pipe in a run to mount it. Listed in the custom build section as decibel inserts.

Chris

supertrapp

Aye, thats the one.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

aaronjb

Thanks for the pointers guys - and nice find, Phil (and Tem  s:) :) s:) )

I'd thought about the Supertrapp (Mark has a couple sat on his shelf, in fact) - but they require some butchery of the exhaust to fit, and I'd just like something I can slip in easily (ooer) to quieten it down before the turbo goes in  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: