2004 model - Are the dims H7?

Started by ninjinski, November 21, 2007, 00:00

ninjinski

Sorry searched and pretty sure thee dims are H7 just want to check before I order.

Thanks
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

ChrisGB

Quote from: "ninjinski"Sorry searched and pretty sure thee dims are H7 just want to check before I order.

Thanks

If you mean dipped beam, yes they are H7. I run the Philips X-treme which are very good, have had Osram Silverstars in (also v.good) and Osram now do the Nightbreaker, supposed to be vvgood.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

ninjinski

Quote from: "ChrisGB"
Quote from: "ninjinski"Sorry searched and pretty sure thee dims are H7 just want to check before I order.

Thanks

If you mean dipped beam, yes they are H7. I run the Philips X-treme which are very good, have had Osram Silverstars in (also v.good) and Osram now do the Nightbreaker, supposed to be vvgood.

Chris

Thanks just ordered the nightbreaker will let you know how I find them!

James
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

ChrisGB

So how did you get on with the Osram Nightbreakers?

I just fitted a pair to the Fabia and they seem to be noticeably brighter than the Osram Silverstar bulbs that it had before. Light is a good colour too, not very yellow. I was a bit concerned when I saw that parts of the bulb are coated in a light blue filter, but the bulk of the output comes out of the clear bit and they work really well. I reckon these to be the best H7 I have run in the Fabia. I am running the Philips X-treme in the MR2 and they are way better than standard bulbs too.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

Get some HID's ... you will huge difference!

ChrisGB

Quote from: "SimosSpyder"Get some HID's ... you will huge difference!

I was going to go that route, but have since had a chance to try some out. The issue for me is that the dipped beams bleach the vision so that when the mains are on, the visibility in the far field is slightly reduced. This was not to my taste. I prefer the halogens or HID for both. Everything I have read reckons the HIDs should not be used as mains as they are switched on / off too often and for too brief an interval.

The Nightbreaker or X-treme bulbs give a significant lift to the light output. They are also legal. While the HID systems fitted after market are not illegal, the VOSA people are getting more and more keen to see these banned as we get more and more poorly executed aftermarket fittings on the road. In some cars they work very well and give little more glare than stock bulbs, in other applications, they are really bad.

Chris

Tags: