Precat-related engine death

Started by Jaik, November 21, 2007, 12:56

Anonymous

Job done then: Write them a letter saying you're rejecting the car as is your statutory right, and give them 14 days to give you your money back.

Oh, and you can't let that last line go without giving details! Pics! Examples! Hints!  s:D :D s:D

Jaik

Quote from: "Ekona"Oh, and you can't let that last line go without giving details! Pics! Examples! Hints!  s:D :D s:D

I'll drop you a PM, don't really want to post it publicly yet  s;) ;) s;)

Jaik

Well, they're REALLY digging their heels in and it looks like I'm going to end up paying them £1000 towards the repairs. Despite it going against the grain, it's going to be cheaper than the legal fees to fight my case, which is what it's come to. I don't have the money, the time or low-enough blood pressure to have a legal battle on my hands.

I'll be sure to affect their business as much as I can by letting people know the situation they've put me in. So everyone, DO NOT give any business to Boss Performance of Radcliffe, Manchester.

If I do give in and pay them the money, is it worth letting Trading Standards know the situation or is that a waste of time?

Anonymous

I'd let them know know tbh, and see if they can lever some pressure on them.

Anonymous

Agreed, let Trading Standards know now, before you pay or agree to pay any money. It certainly isn't your fault so don't pay.

A legal battle can be stressful but that's what people like the manager of the garage and the warranty companies depend on so they can take advantage of people like us. I bought mine private with no warranty, that was the risk I took and got away fortunately. As they've already accepted that the problem is related to the known piston issue then they've acknowledged that the car was faulty when you bought it, you have a good case.

Hold in there... it'll be worth it.

Wabbitkilla

Absolutely with the others here - contact trading standards now, they may even offer good advice.

Trading standards can shake up businesses who behave like this as even if they take no immediate action - the business is marked and monitored from then onwards. I've found when I involved them in a case for me, the business became much more amenable to negotiation straight away. They were p'd off that I did what I did, but i'm not one to be polite and be rolled over when they're taking money off me and not delivering what I paid for in the first place.

Get TS into the game and be firm with the manager - or even owner of the business (going to the owner directly really shakes them up), it doesn't necessarily mean a legal case, that's what TS are there for in these events. Don't show your anger, just leave as an underlying threat, they're intimidating you - play the same card yourself.

Good luck.

Also if you used credit of any kind in the purchase, then the lender may be able to advise, but i'd say that is a last resort.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: