Started by heathstimpson, December 7, 2007, 13:48

heathstimpson

You need to get someone with a code reader to establish what's causing the cell.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

roger

I would guess the total loss of power is the ECU going into safety / shut down mode because its seeing something it doesn't really like!!

Whether its the Unichip causing it, I guess you can only tell by driving it without it and seeing if it re-occurs, and then as Heath said reading the code. If it doesn't happen, maybe the Unichip needs a re-tweek.

If you need a reader PM before 5pm today!!!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response guys, here was me thinking I was going to get in trouble for posting in the performance section, not really the ideal place for it   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I have driven the car since Roger and it seems fine, all be it a little slower than before   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I will drive it more next week and see how it goes

roger

MOD: Think I'll move it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Mr2Red04"Thanks for the quick response guys, here was me thinking I was going to get in trouble for posting in the performance section, not really the ideal place for it   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I have driven the car since Roger and it seems fine, all be it a little slower than before   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I will drive it more next week and see how it goes

You're probably right!
I'll move it for you.

As to the chip, it's probably better to find out what the error is/was, I take it you are driving around with the chip in at the moment?

[edit] Darn beaten but Roger   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  [/edit]

Simon

Anonymous

Do I get the forum moderators job then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

No chip in at the minute, I didnt want to drive it home and risk any damage.  The luggage compartment is still in bits so its an easy job to go and re-connect it.

SimonC_Here

Next step is probably to get hold of a reader and then pop it back in.
Ride around until you get the CEL and then read it.

It's probably just not tuned well enough for your engine to stop the problems.

Simon

heathstimpson

What happened to the original message; someone delete it by accident when moving  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Jigwar

Quote from: "heathstimpson"What happened to the original message; someone delete it by accident when moving  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

At the moment it looks like Heath has posted some general advice:
Unichip problem......Get CEL read. Simple. To the point.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Jigwar"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"What happened to the original message; someone delete it by accident when moving  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

At the moment it looks like Heath has posted some general advice:
Unichip problem......Get CEL read. Simple. To the point.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I know but someone was asking a question originally   s:? :? s:?

Tags: