m http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-4209-Un ... &carId=002 m

Anonymous

Brand/Part number/description: Post Cat O2 sensor
Purchased from:  w www.automotiveonline.co.uk w
When purchased: May(?) 2009
Price: £100 ish
Delivery time: 3 days
Ease of fitting: plug'n'play
Comments: also bought a new Cat from the same company, cheapest I could find for a straight swap £250 plus postage, had to make the holes slightly bigger to fit over the bolts from the manifold but otherwise was a good fit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "tennisfreak"Just fitted one of these after developing P0136 fault
 m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1725wt_939 m
Its plug & play and was easy to fit after purchase of special socket tool
Have reset to clear management light and will let you know if everything seems ok

I have messaged these about length of wire and they said "approx 70cm" so should be fine for 3rd post cat sensor.Can you confirm this length tennisfreak or anyone else that have bought one of these?

tennisfreak

Quote from: "life of bryan"
Have reset to clear management light and will let you know if everything seems ok

I have messaged these about length of wire and they said "approx 70cm" so should be fine for 3rd post cat sensor.Can you confirm this length tennisfreak or anyone else that have bought one of these?

Definately not 70cm long, more like 25, cable is short

dipper84

I cant remember the length, ill go check the car when i get a chance.
I used one of these for my precat and rear Cat, Even though the wire isnt as long as the original for the main cat, I fitted it by redirecting the wire from the socket to the cat instead of following where it went before. It seems to be working well, not had a warning in a good 3 / 4 weeks - 1000 miles.....
Chris >>>>>

wbarrwebster

Mods feel free to move this if inclined!

I've been looking for a cheap 02 sensor for sometime as there is no way I'm paying
Mr T £180 or whatever...been the Ebay route got stiffed a couple of times....
The only guys I trusted were Ignition Parts in South Ockington at approx £92..good people.

Anyway, recently bought yet another Ebay special out of the States at £25 in total including postage (took about 10 days)... no duty.

Fitted it about 2 weeks ago.....no cel, no probs  so far....dare I say, looking good....
So much so,. I bought another one, at £25.....I can live with a spare.

I emailed the guy, asked about more....referenced some other guys/dames might be interested....he confirmed no problem...

Please be aware, my experiece has been nothing but positve....if interested, please bare in mind, you pays yer money, you take yer chance..at £25 it's hardly huge exposure.

If interested:
Ebay uk
Item number: 350168637474
It's advertised for a Corolla....I emailed with payment, told him it was for the MK3 Roadster Mrs Spyder.

B

[MOD=roger] Merged with other o2 options
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"Mods feel free to move this if inclined!

I've been looking for a cheap 02 sensor for sometime as there is no way I'm paying
Mr T £180 or whatever...been the Ebay route got stiffed a couple of times....
The only guys I trusted were Ignition Parts in South Ockington at approx £92..good people.

Anyway, recently bought yet another Ebay special out of the States at £25 in total including postage (took about 10 days)... no duty.

Fitted it about 2 weeks ago.....no cel, no probs  so far....dare I say, looking good....
So much so,. I bought another one, at £25.....I can live with a spare.

I emailed the guy, asked about more....referenced some other guys/dames might be interested....he confirmed no problem...

Please be aware, my experiece has been nothing but positve....if interested, please bare in mind, you pays your money, you take your chance..at £25 it's hardly huge exposure.

If interested:
Ebay uk
Item number: 350168637474
It's advertised for a Corolla....I emailed with payment, told him it was for the MK3 Roadster Mrs Spyder.

B

[MOD=roger] Merged with other o2 options

Can you tell us how you wired it(i.e. which colour wire to which wire)?

wbarrwebster

HI,

The wiring details are on the EBay site, if you have a problem, just shout!

As stated, the EBay auction is for a 02 Oxygen Sensor 130hm 4w SG471 but I said I wanted one for the MRS.....

The one I originally received is working sofar whether it's a 130hm 4W  who knows....

Meant to say, the guy states a 90 day Warranty, whether that's enforceable in the UK.....is questionable!

B
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

Found this plug and play for the Mk3 MR2 if someone wants to be 1st to try it although i dont know how long the lead is for possible 3rd sensor replacement.UK next day supplier too.
 m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-MR2-Lambda ... _500wt_956 m

Anonymous

Denso OEM quality one's in the UK for £63 here:   m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1666wt_939 m

wbarrwebster

Hmm....

This is interesting, there seems to be afew half decent /branded 02 sensors coming out at about £70... This last mob referred to above are allegedly marketing a 02 sensor for a 6th Gen Honda Accord at more than Honda!!

It don't figure!!

B
W. B. Webster

Sepp

Hi,

Bought 2 O2 sensors from Amazon, Denso universal 234-4209 for just under $US 40.- each. They wouldn't ship to Australia so i had them shipped to a contact in NY for next day delivery.
They work fine and the wire colours are the same as on the original ones so the match up is easy

crazy6

Couple of queries on this if someone can help - MR2 noob  s;) ;) s;)

1. Are all three sensors the same ( can I order 3 universals to replace both precats and the post cat )?

2. Are the sensors the same for all years of roadster? I have a 2001 and saw someone mention their 03 model, so I just want to double check.

Bought the car 3rd hand and am slowly undertaking an update/cleanup - so getting these changed out and then replacing manifold seem like a good place to start as I have a mil light on at the moment and MAF clean didn't sort it.

nathanMR2

Hi Crazy6 welcome,

The sensors are all the same apart from the post cat sensor has a longer lead. The universal sensors often dont come with a plug on the end, so you have to splice the wires together. They are the same for all years of roadster.

I recently did a group buy on Denso Sensors (the same that Toyota use) I can still get hold of the sensors at less than half the price than from Toyota. If you interested PM me and ill see what the stock is like. Plenty of guys have had them off here with no issues at all. Ive also had one fitted for 300+ and its working just fine.

Heres the group buy link  l viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28730 l
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Dans555

I can vouch for that! fitted post cat myself , after Nathan kindly sourced one for me!
2003 MR2 Roadster SMT - Silver & Red Leather.
Hardtop & A/C.
Twin Exhaust
New Brigestone Potenza\'s all around!
New O2 sensor (Thanks Nathan!)
Trico Aero wipers (cheers Les for the recommendation!)

dipper84

Quote from: "dipper84"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140336932084&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1725wt_939

I cant remember the length, ill go check the car when i get a chance.
I used one of these for my precat and rear Cat, Even though the wire isnt as long as the original for the main cat, I fitted it by redirecting the wire from the socket to the cat instead of following where it went before. It seems to be working well, not had a warning in a good 3 / 4 weeks - 1000 miles.....

After a good few months now I havent had a problem untill now, supprise supprise both of my sensors have failed at the same time! (well within days) Whats the chances of that happening?! Could this have something to do with the car electronics?

Looking to buy another recommended one this time....
Chris >>>>>

nathanMR2

What sort was it you brought? Was it a Denso?

I should still be able to get Denso sensors if your interested PM me and ill check stock for you.

m312

Got a Denso sensor for a bargain price me thinks!

Brand/Part number/description: DOX-0204 for the shorter sensor, DOX-0206 for Post cat sensor.
Purchased from:  w www.sparkplugs.co.uk w  
When purchased: June 2010
Price: Approx £58.71 delivered!
Delivery time: 2 days
Ease of fitting: Plug & play. Got the shorter cable which was the perfect length, but they also sell the longer sensor for the same price.

Comments: Driven 50 miles and no problem so far.  s:D :D s:D

nathanMR2

Quote from: "m312"Got a Denso sensor for a bargain price me thinks!

Brand/Part number/description: DOX-0204 for the shorter sensor, DOX-0206 for Post cat sensor.
Purchased from:  m http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk m  
When purchased: June 2010
Price: Approx £58.71 delivered!
Ease of fitting: Plug & play. Got the shorter cable which was the perfect length, but they also sell the longer sensor for the same price.

Comments: Driven 50 miles and no problem so far.  s:D :D s:D

Sounds like a great deal you got their mate

Anonymous

Hi all

I got mine from http://www.eurocarparts.com
Brand/Part number/description: Denso post cat sensor. Euro Car Parts part no. 710828205
Purchased from: EuroCarParts
When purchased: 17/06/10
Price: £65.69 (incl VAT & delivery)
Ease of fitting: Plug 'n' Play.  Easy peasy
Comments: P0141 code. Straight P & P no probs at all.  Only problem was getting the clips that hold the old sensor cable off!

Innocent

Hi all,

Are the Denso ones that are available from sparkplugs.co.uk the same as the OEM sensors? Just picked up the phone to my local Mr T (Hills, Bishops Stortford, Essex) who quoted me £193 each!!!! To be able to buy them at 25% of that seems a bit too good to be true and in my experience thats because it usually is!!!

Cheers,
Andy

m312

Quote from: "Innocent"Hi all,

Are the Denso ones that are available from sparkplugs.co.uk the same as the OEM sensors? Just picked up the phone to my local Mr T (Hills, Bishops Stortford, Essex) who quoted me £193 each!!!! To be able to buy them at 25% of that seems a bit too good to be true and in my experience thats because it usually is!!!

Cheers,
Andy

More or less. Absolutely zero issues with them, perfect swap.

Anonymous

Hi Folks

I have had my head turner (sorry my wifes car as she keeps reminding me) for a couple of months now.
The engine light has came on so I purchased an OBD2 reader which gave me a P0155 fault.

After reading posts on here about the error code I have decided to replace the near side pre cat sensor (hope its the correct one).

Brand/Part number/description: Denso pre cat sensor. Euro Car Parts part no. 710828405
Purchased from: EuroCarParts
When purchased: soon
Price: £65.69
Delivery time: will go and pick it up
Ease of fitting: dont know yet
Comments: OBD2 Code P0155

Regards,

Goeman

Yep, looks like the correct one. You'll need a 22mm lambda sensor socket if you don't already have one. £5 on ebay (link below). Really easy to do. How to guide below. Just ignore the bit about swapping over the connector.

m http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=22mm ... m270.l1313 m

l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=21462 l
Russell

Anonymous

Got up this morning with nothing to do so I decided to go and get the O2 sensor and a radiator which has spung a leak.
Fitted the sensor in 10min, didn't have the lambda sensor socket but a 22m offset ring spanner done the job.
Reset the light using the OBD2 tool and went for a 50mile run, all seems to be ok so far.

Thanks for the links Russell.

Next job is the radiator but its not leaking that bad - I will get this sorted within the next month.

Dom.....

Tags: