Your comments please (generic O2s)

Started by spit, December 9, 2007, 15:47

redarrow

Brand/Part number/description: Denso Part #: 234-4624 OE Oxygen Sensor (Pre-Cat)
got from ebay.
cost £64

I read on loads of posts that having used any type of Oxygen Sensor apart from what i ordered you will still get the horrid p0135 error & others, that no good , also was told this is due to cheap Oxygen Sensor putting out to much current or less current, i played safe got the real thing as advised.

2 years warranty as well.

These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.

P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)

P0141 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2)

P0155 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)

all the best redarrow.
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

zipimini

Hi,

Ebay Generic 02 sensor for Toyota MR2/MRS = Crap!. It was only £15 quid but it caused more issues than it solved, even with a resistor. This was returned for a refund. I was quite lucky to find a crashed 2 being broken that had two brand new sensors in it, £20 quid each.

I've tried a couple of OBD scanners and have not had a great deal of succcess with the cheaper 'ebay type'. I eventually invested in an OBDKEY bluetooth scanner, Good software and spot on diagnosis with the sensor issues. It also does live testing of water temp, throttle response, oil, revs, etc etc etc. You can monitor as you drive as well (obviously with the aid of another person)it even brings up the chassis number from the ECU if its available!.

I've found that clearing the fault codes with a scanner after fitting the sensor rather than waiting for the ECU to respond helps.

Wabbitkilla

Clearing the codes with your scanner may be quick. I would still reconmend resetting the ecu as it is now learning fuelling from new sensors and will likely take longer to get the a/f ratio fully settled. It's not a big problem unless the generic sensors were way off.

Sent from a planet somewhere nearby
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

lds1973

I got a denso universal 4 wire ones off amazon and it was real easy to fit, cleared the codes straight away, not too bad price and delivered within a week.

m http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-4209-Un ... B000C5WCUE m

Anonymous

Hi guys just ordered my o2 sensor from eurocarparts after having the P0125 code up.

Going for £82 for a denso one but having discount from another car club saved me 25% bring the price down to 62 delivered.

Code is brisk25. Hope this helps a few people out  s:) :) s:)

Stephen

Essex_Nick

Got a Denso one fro here  m http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/prici ... rs-ccp.asp m    After being advised buy a fellow forum member, £62 delivered.

The Zohan

Bought on from here about this time last year, still going strong.
 m http://www.lambdasensor.com/ m

Cost around £60.00 and was marked DENSO when i looked at it. Identical to the one it replaced.Took around 2 days to arrive. Matched up the part number from the Toyota reference i got from the stealership.
2000 Roadster in blue, Hardtop, KYB struts, EBC Greenstuff, Chassis brace and Toyo Proxies.
Could do with a little more power...or could just lose some weight....

spit

Quote from: "stevobeavo"Hi guys just ordered my o2 sensor from eurocarparts after having the P0125 code up.

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Hoping this is a typo and you mean P0135 or 0155?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Emleytvr

Hi

My first ever engine light came on Monday, after 47,000 miles.
Dug out the reader, P0135
Quick google took me to  m http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk m
Ordered Denso DOX-0204
£62, delivered the next morning, fitted 5 minutes later, job done

The Denso sensor was identical to the Toyota stamped unit it replaced
Why bother with Generic stuff of ebay, when the right kit is so readily available

I spent more time looking for the damned code reader, than it took to research, order and fit.

Job done.

leffex

I bought original i think rear with long cable rather than the short and they work well but not looking the same as the original.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

DonVulpes

Quote from: "m312"Got a Denso sensor for a bargain price me thinks!

Brand/Part number/description: DOX-0204 for the shorter sensor, DOX-0206 for Post cat sensor.
Purchased from:  m http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk m  
When purchased: June 2010
Price: Approx £58.71 delivered!
Delivery time: 2 days
Ease of fitting: Plug & play. Got the shorter cable which was the perfect length, but they also sell the longer sensor for the same price.

Comments: Driven 50 miles and no problem so far.  s:D :D s:D

Fantastic, just what I need for SWMBO's car.
Nice Avater too  s;) ;) s;)

BARNPOT

All I can say is I fitted Densos from Sparkplugs .co.uk(fast delivery),after usual codes detected and have had no problems since...I would not think of purchasing any other sort,from anywhere else!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT MODEL ACQUIRED 2012

ais

Changed my top O2 sensor today (DOX-0204).
Just wanted to add that it was my 1st attempt - easy with the correct tooling & advice from here.
Needed to gently tap the O2 socket onto the O2 sensor - very tight fit otherwise.
Followed the advice - bought Denso & a OBD2 reader.

Grubber

Anyone tried these bosch sensors.. eBay item number: 161250037798

My experience of bosch stuff in the past has always been good and £16.00 for a 4 wire seems good even if it only lasts 12 months..

sussex

Hi guys, just doing some research on 02 sensors, i realise there are three sensors total , are all three sensors identical if and when they are replaced ? , thanks

carlclarke

Quote from: "sussex"Hi guys, just doing some research on 02 sensors, i realise there are three sensors total , are all three sensors identical if and when they are replaced ? , thanks

I believe (from previous posts) that all three have the same sensor but the cable lengths are different.

sussex

ok thanks for reply, just swatting up ready for when it happens, will be buying a code reader as this seems like a must have in a mr2 owners toolkit.   s:) :) s:)

sussex

Can anyone recommend a code reader, seen alot on ebay but most say from 2001 onwards my car is a 2000, would these code readers still work with my car ?

StuC

No reason why it shouldn't work. I have used the same code reader on my 2000 and my 2001.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

sussex

Thanks Stu

sussex

Stu one of the sellers on ebay came back to me and said the code reader would not be suitable for a 2000 year mr2, could you let me know what make you use, cheers David

StuC

Mine is an Autosnap CR800, there only appears to be 1 on ebay atm for £25. If you look for OBD2 you'll find loads and loads.

OBD2 has been around since 1996, so there is no reason it shouldn't work.
In 2001, EOBD had to be implemented by OEM's for all petrol cars. The technology for OBD2 and EOBD are the same
"The technical implementation of EOBD is essentially the same as OBD-II, with the same SAE J1962 diagnostic link connector and signal protocols being used."
It might be that they
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

sussex

Thanks again Stu for the information, will look into it, cheers David.

Markb

Bought a DOX 0204 for my Rav4 yesterday....£55 from Amazon......Opie oils are doing them as well at that price.

Ardent

good price that.

Tags: