(Slightly) new topic - Battery - Ireland

Started by Anonymous, December 11, 2007, 22:52

Anonymous

I don't post often, but I love this forum.  Thank you for all your assistance to date!  

My pre-cat-failure (covered under warranty) saga finished well. New engine. New Clutch.  Happy me.

Untill the car failed to start yesterday. I figured it ws the battery, and brought it to 'halfords where they kindly informed me it was "unservicable". Lovely. Not the alternator or anything sinister...Bought the recommended replacement.  Got it home.

Argh  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  .The terminals are too small for the connectors (er...the bits that connect to the terminal).  I've been sold a HB054 which I think is for imports (I don't own an import).

Now, after that preamble, my question is:  Does anyone know if Halfords sell the HB053 which is, I think the correct one.

All help most extremely gratefully received.

Wabbitkilla

They seem to have it listed...
 m http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_112186 m

But it doesn't appear to be in stock, give 'em a ring in the morning to check up. Either way you should get a refund for the one they've erroneously sold you.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Thanks so much. I wonder, does Halfords in Ireland suffer the same no battery in stock problem.... Grrr.

Could you recommend a readily available/common/sort this problem tomorrow alternative?

Team_Dandism

If its for an MR-S I think I ended up with a Micra one in mine, it looks like its too tall but went in fine.
Regards

Matt J..

www.team-dandism.co.uk

Anonymous

Quote from: "Team_Dandism"If its for an MR-S I think I ended up with a Micra one in mine, it looks like its too tall but went in fine.

I have a (UK and Ireland spec) MR2 Mark III.  That should be a HB053, right?  I think... Er...Help?

ChrisGB

I am sure I remember reading somewhere that the battery costs £33 from Toyota. Would negate going to Halfrauds for that money surely?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies - repleaced the hb054 for the 53 last night in Halfors - was urgent so couldn't hold on till the weekend (Toyota closed too early for me!)

Total cost? €105 (guess around £60) Sigh.

Thanks again!

Anonymous

picked one up for 55euro at a battery,parts and exhaust store.

he came out and looked at battery in the car and went a got  a new one .

MR-S

If you're anywhere near swords there's a place on North Street that just do Batteries. Same sort of scenario: Open trunk, take out bettery and replace it. Last time I bought a battery here I got one with massive current cos I was running tonnes of audio and it only cost me 90 euro. I can't think of the name of the place but if you need directions I can do that no problem.
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

Tags: