Is boost addictive? discuss.

Started by SimonC_Here, February 17, 2008, 21:40

SimonC_Here

I swapped the coil packs 4 and 3 over whilst trying to work out how to get the clip for the injector out. Didn't make a difference (as long as the left we are all on about is on the passengers side!)

Simon

markiii

it is

tbh as it's not a flashing CEL I'd be tempted to reset and drive it home see if it comes back
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"I swapped the coil packs 4 and 3 over whilst trying to work out how to get the clip for the injector out. Didn't make a difference (as long as the left we are all on about is on the passengers side!)

Yep, pass side..

Dicky plug maybe?  Though I'm not sure if the ECU feedback control goes as far as the plug, or just the ignitor in the coil..

[edit] And for the record - flashing CEL means "Condition which may cause damage to the CAT due to unburnt fuel" (i.e. prolonged misfire due to no spark on a cylinder).
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

SimonC_Here

I can't do the plugs here, nothing to take them out with.

It's not flashing.

Simon

markiii

so it's not a prolonged misfire

I'd risk driving it home personally
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

That reader thing you lent me Mark.
Is it:
Car off
Insert reader thing (upside down it seems!)
Key in and turn to "On"
Reader goes:
   It's name scrolling
   - 1 -
   - 2 -
   - 3 -
   Code flashed 4 times
Should it then reset the code?

If yes then the code comes straight back.  s:( :( s:(

Simon

kanujunkie

thats the correct sequence Simon, however if its like mine then it'll do 4 blocks of flashing 3 times before it resets the codes
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

SimonC_Here

Humm,
After taking off the plastic engine cover, fiddling with the wires and coil packs at lunch time. I didn't put them back for the drive home. I also didn't re attach the oil breather filter.

No engine light and although the idle isn't the most stable thing in the world, it didn't die on me on the way home, including a little detour.

I am wondering if the tension from where we tied up the oil breather pipe worked something loose on the injector clip.
Mark, where can I get a new injector clip/wire that I can replace the dodgy one with? You said it was a different clip to the stock injectors.

Oh and I must remember not to accelerate off that roundabout on the way home. I didn't know you could wheel spin it round a corner in 2nd with a dodgy clutch.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Simon

markiii

that must have been fun

as per what Stu said ref teh odbII reader

I think I have some spare pins let me go look

SimonC_Here

I am almost sure it is that plug that had the one very short wire on it that I had to fix before attaching it to the wiring loom.

Still, grin city, I'm going to take Jess out in it later. I hope she likes it/can live with the extra noise.

Simon

Anonymous

Stuttery idle could just be a minor boost leak post-MAF, which could tie in with the lean codes too?

SimonC_Here

I'll check the hoses tomorrow. It's 2 degrees out there!

Simon

markiii

ok checked and I have spare clips if needed

want me to pop a couple in teh post?

SimonC_Here

If you could please. I'll give the wiring another go this weekend.

Now to decide on the clutch... Organic one from Prolex or the RPS one and get hit by import duty....hummm.

Oh and Mark, can you get Chris to check her bank account please, I've transfered the money.

Simon

kanujunkie

if you have any further problems with those clips then i know where to get them brand new, will cost around a tenner for all 4 + wire and heatshrink. I know i was outvoted on this but if you have any continued problems then let me cut the old clips out rather than leaveing them in where they could short. i can do the wireing properly with the connections further down the loom with the whole thing heatshrunk so that it looks 100% stock and it'll be 100% guranteed no issues ever, up to you.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

RPS everytime for me, Si. Lighter than stock feel with more than enough torque capacity? Sounds good to me.

markiii

Quote from: "kanujunkie"if you have any further problems with those clips then i know where to get them brand new, will cost around a tenner for all 4 + wire and heatshrink. I know i was outvoted on this but if you have any continued problems then let me cut the old clips out rather than leaveing them in where they could short. i can do the wireing properly with the connections further down the loom with the whole thing heatshrunk so that it looks 100% stock and it'll be 100% guranteed no issues ever, up to you.

he cut them off in teh end  :-) :-) :-)

si PM me your address

kanujunkie

good!
[size=100]Stu[/size]

SimonC_Here

Yeah I did one and saw how bad it looked, picked up the clippers and had done with them.

PM on it's way.

Simon

SimonC_Here

171 and 174 back again while idleing in a queue for lights. Maybe I'll just let more pressure out of the left hand tires.  s;) ;) s;)

Simon

roger

Don't know if it helps with the diagnosis by those who know this sort of thing, but I got 0171 & 0174 driving home with the Haltech installed.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

SimonC_Here

I'm just waiting for this tank to run down and then see if it still happens on the next tank.

Failing that I'll have to get it tuned to my engine, or at least tweeked a little.  s:) :) s:)

Simon

aaronjb

Yep, sounds like the injector sizes may be a little too big in the eManage (making it adjust the fuel too lean to correct for them) - probably a fuel pressure difference down to the age & mileage on the car.

Easy fix with a wideband O2..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"171 and 174 back again while idleing in a queue for lights. Maybe I'll just let more pressure out of the left hand tires.  s;) ;) s;)

Simon

See now you are thinking outside the box as we say in Cisco Land

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "aaronjb"Yep, sounds like the injector sizes may be a little too big in the eManage (making it adjust the fuel too lean to correct for them) - probably a fuel pressure difference down to the age & mileage on the car.

Easy fix with a wideband O2..

I don't think I've got one of those!

Simon

Tags: