0-60 etc of 2004 vvti?

Started by Anonymous, February 24, 2008, 19:26

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me the performance figures (0-60 etc) for the 2004 Roadster me and the missus have just purchased.

Love the car, had 2 x mk2 mr2s but the roadster really handles!

Thanks
John & Ellie

Silverman

Toyota' s figure for a 6 speed manual, in stock trim, 0 - 62mph, is 8.0 secs.  (As you often begin accelerating from a rolling start, time to 60 can seem much shorter.)  Max speed (same source) 131mph.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Jaik

Evo magazine timed the 0-60 at 7.2 seconds.

kanujunkie

and when mine was stock i managed to beat the 7.2, iirc Dan had 6.1

just go turbo, i had 4.5 out of mine  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

5.65 secs actually  s8) 8) s8)

kanujunkie

my mistake speedy gonzales
[size=100]Stu[/size]

muffdan

Quote from: "Ekona"5.65 secs actually  s8) 8) s8)

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Stock?! Was that down hill!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

kanujunkie

he farted and the extra octane gave him a boost  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

northernalex

With a few choice mods (see below) I managed to measure mine at 6.5 a couple of times, and 7 a couple of other times.

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Heh, I cheated as that wasn't stock, but it was pre-turbo. I never bothered getting any timed runs before that as I didn't own a G-Tech RR before  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

how about the mr2 made in year 2000?  Mine's that and its only got 5 gears, I haven't really timed it myself but has anyone else know how this one compare to the 6-speed one?

markiii

same power same gearing

fractionally smaller rolling radious tyres, less weight

so maybe a hair faster but there shouldn't be much in it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

northernalex

Quote from: "markiii"same power same gearing

fractionally smaller rolling radious tyres, less weight

so maybe a hair faster but there shouldn't be much in it

Doesnt 'look' as fast though  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

SimonC_Here

That's because you've got it in the wrong colour.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Simon

northernalex

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"That's because you've got it in the wrong colour.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Simon

Oh dont start that one again .. lol  s:) :) s:)  everyone knows that Wabbitkiller's RED is the fastest looking  s:) :) s:)

Maybe we should try and organise a club event to santa pod?  See what 0-60 times we can all get there?

Get a few stockers along too and get some official MR2ROC figures.

Alex
evileye_xc said:

markiii

well volunteered that man  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

you could bring yours for the Stocker Mark, bet you'll still have it by then as well  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Chris_h

what car mag figured the 2000 roadster at 6.9secs

It would seem the factory number are a tad conservative.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

northernalex

Quote from: "markiii"well volunteered that man  :-) :-) :-)

Cool... I'll post up a thread and find out who is intersted and try and get an idea of the prices.. Should be a good day out.

Alex
evileye_xc said:

spit

The quarter mile stretch of road outside my house is still closed for a couple more weeks  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I read an article online which stated the "unofficial" time of the 6 speed roadster was 6.9 seconds.

I don't know what truth there is in that, and I don't know how much the ratios have changed between the 5 and 6 speed.

Still, I have to say, mines "feels" a fair bit faster than 8 seconds to 60mph!

markiii

ratios on 5 and 6 speed are identical

the 6 just gets 1 extra higher gear

Wabbitkilla

The UK 6 speed and 5 speed have the same ratios up to 5.

The J-Spec car has loower ratios, but you might have to change one more change which affects the time.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

aaronjb

Quote from: "RiZzah"I don't know what truth there is in that, and I don't know how much the ratios have changed between the 5 and 6 speed.

The first five gears are identical, just an added overdrive (6th).

The J-spec and US gearboxes have shorter gearing for better acceleration, however, so be careful where you read figures..  they will be different on each side of the pond  s;) ;) s;)

(man, I'm being beaten to the punch left right & center today!)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Tags: