Which service next? 20001 Y reg 18500 miles.

Started by Anonymous, March 25, 2008, 12:28

Anonymous

Hello ALL, bought my 2 last yr with full srvice history, 1 onwer from new, immaculate. Has been serviced every year about april time. As the next is due soon, which will I get done? An intermmediate or a full? As the mileage is so low does it warrent a full 20k service or because of the car age do you think I should get a full service anyway? Last service carried out at 15088 mls. Any ideas on mr t service costs in the northeast/

cheers Bill.

SimonC_Here

If I've got my maths right, the last service should have been a full one (6 years).

So although you are close to 20K, I would guess the yearly service schedule applies.

Simon

roger

Welcome Bill, only took you 7 months to make a post   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I've always understood you base a service on age OR miles, but not both.

OK, its your car, and you can do what you like, but by the book, mileage won't come into your calculation, so if it was new in April 2001, you will be due the 7 year 70,000 mile service.

However if you have a full history the book should confirm on that basis last year's should have been the bigger one (2 year, 20,000), so you can go for the smaller 1 year 10,000 (as Simon suggested).

However there are optional things (like brake fluid replacement) and if that has never been done then all the calculations go out of the window.

Up to you of course, but on a car that age I would suggest you contact the service garage (if you don't have invoices) because without that information it might be worth starting the clock again from a large do everything service.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

as per usual the answers in the reference section  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20262 m

[mod]Thread Locked[/mod]
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: