Power Enterprize Turbo Conversion Power Graph

Started by VVT-i, March 27, 2008, 20:50

VVT-i

Not a bad result I think... I've been informed that "it drives really well albeit a little tail happy.. which is fun"...  I hope to get the car back on Tuesday, just waiting on the garage doing some test drives to ensure they are 100% happy with it.

Your thoughts please.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

loadswine

Some nice figures Davy, particularly the horsepower curve.
My torque used to trail off at higher rpm, but yours builds, interesting.
What configuration is it running? ( boost, cooling of charge etc)
Its probably only reported as tail happy as the conditions haven't been ideal very much lately.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

VVT-i

I have no idea what the boost levels were for the dyno run... but it has an intercooler, BOV etc.. also a Wideband Kit.

More of the details can be found in the Prolex Section below....

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... c&start=30 m

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

Are the figures at the flywheel or rear wheel?? I can't tell from the graph.

Anonymous

Flywheel I'd have thought looking at the numbers.

VVT-i

Sorry guy's... no idea lol.. I've only just been sent the graph tonight and haven't spoken in any great detail about it.

Will possibly know more tomorrow or when I pick the car up. So many questions so little brains to remember to ask them all lol.

loadswine

When are you picking it up Davey? Bet you're just itching to try it out.  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

VVT-i

All being well... Tuesday  s:) :) s:) ... can't wait.

uktotty

Lovely picture, what is it of?

northernalex

D.Y.N.O.

Dont
You
NO
Out?

lol
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

spit

Nice result Davy. I suspect that is at stock PE boost. Steve was holding off on the BController and gauge/pipework installs until we nailed an issue with the EMU and harness and I got off my bot to put the AFR in.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  The car left for Noble pretty soon after that.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

northernalex

Looks like a great dyno graph... bet it makes a heck of a difference to the drive. Nice one davy.. Even more jelous of your car now.

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

roger

Nice one Davy.

I got 221.6 out of Nige's old PE kit, but I reckon the differences are insignificant due to tolerances.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

evileye_wrx

Well done, Davy. I must get some cooling sorted out so I can get my figures up there with you other PE guys.
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Wabbitkilla

Nice one - well done   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

s12vea

Good figures! Bet you cant wait to take her for a spin !   s:D :D s:D
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

DannyN

looks like the sort of graph that will always bring a monster smile to your face! Congrats Davy, dont get home too quickly  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

pmr01

Quote from: "VVT-i"

Not a bad result I think... I've been informed that "it drives really well albeit a little tail happy.. which is fun"...  I hope to get the car back on Tuesday, just waiting on the garage doing some test drives to ensure they are 100% happy with it.

Your thoughts please.

A few points

What was the approx cost for your conversion?

The bhp looks really high ( + 60-ish %) but the torque doesn't seem to have shown the same kind of increase..what does the TTE 197 conversion put out?

Where about are you in Central Scotland?

I would dearly love to Turbo mine but I am not sure if I am going to be completely happy with the performance afterwards..I would be interested in your thoughts after you get it back.

Liz

If you have a search around there are threads on with dynos from various Turbos, also check out the garage
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

VVT-i

Quote from: "pmr01"A few points

What was the approx cost for your conversion?

The bhp looks really high ( + 60-ish %) but the torque doesn't seem to have shown the same kind of increase..what does the TTE 197 conversion put out?

Where about are you in Central Scotland?

I would dearly love to Turbo mine but I am not sure if I am going to be completely happy with the performance afterwards..I would be interested in your thoughts after you get it back.

In standard form (out of the boc and only a couple of months old) mine was 114.7 lb-ft @ 6000rpm, and 141.0 bhp @ 7000rpm. A gain of 52.5 lb-ft and a gain of 76.4bhp.

I don't know what the various other kits performance figures are, but do as Liz says and check the garage, there is info there. Every car is different and power/performance gains will vary from car to car, even with the same kit.

Cost?.. A fair bit I'm afraid.

Finally...I'm in Bo'ness... about 10 minutes away from you. (you have PM)

ChrisGB

If I were going turbo, that is exactly the kind of torque curve I would be after. Nice and linear for best driveability and traction and not so much as to overstress anything.

Bet it drives lovely!

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Tags: