Windscreen wiper

Started by gun41, March 31, 2008, 12:58

gun41

Hi

i need a new wiper for my 2

MrT quoted £23.28 seems expensive to me
Is a generic just as good?

what price?
2005 55 Plate, Silver, Red Leather Seats, TTE Style Bar, TTE Rear Sports spoiler, Chrome Fuel Surround

DannyN

Mr T can just replace the blades think it cost about 7 quid and they will do it for you while you sit in the showroom
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

SteveJ

Or order a pair of Aero-VU wipers from eBay (loads of different suppliers) - much better than the OEM ones and only about £24 for the pair.

Wabbitkilla

I've had MrT replace my rubbers dead cheap and there's nothing wrong with them. Can't see the point in spending anymore on blingy stuff.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I've had MrT replace my rubbers

Now THAT is what I call a personal service level Nick!

Steven Velocity

Yeah, £23 has got to be for the whole wiper blade. As long as you don't have an aftermarket wiper blade (the part that the rubber wiper insert goes into), and you're not missing either of those 2 pesky little metal bars that hold the rubber in place Toyota should put a wiper rubber in for you for less than 5 quid.
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

Liz

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  @ Russ!

I bought new ones from Mr T the other day - £10.55 for the both of them and that was with the blades and everything - he took my chassis number in order to get the parts cheaper for me  s:? :? s:?  , I was well chuffed!  s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

uktotty

On the subject of wipers and stuff has anyone done the single wiper conversion that is available???

gun41

thanks for all your posts

just rang Mr T in Wigan - they will replace the wiper blade rubber for £6 + vat
Southport Mr T seem to be trying to rip me off
2005 55 Plate, Silver, Red Leather Seats, TTE Style Bar, TTE Rear Sports spoiler, Chrome Fuel Surround

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "gun41"Southport Mr T seem to be trying to rip me off

Noooooooo!

Would they ever?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Sometimes makes me think we should be able to report garages for shoddy behaviour!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

red_leicester

£1.25 in Wilkinsons.    s8) 8) s8)
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

normanh

mmm a pair of Bosch with deflectors for less than a tenner the pair at my local motor factors, dont think you can do much better than Bosch.

normanh

Jaik

Quote from: "normanh"mmm a pair of Bosch with deflectors for less than a tenner the pair at my local motor factors, dont think you can do much better than Bosch.

normanh
Best wipers I've ever had were PIAA ones; basically as good as Bosch with Rain-X  s:) :) s:)

ChrisGB

Another vote for Bosch ones here. I use them on everything, wipe better than almost anything else (never tried PIAA) and last well too.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

kanujunkie

i've got to say i think the Bosch ones are crap, always had issues with them, Mr.T's ones are far better
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

roger

Has anybody tried the "new" flat blades?

Like Jaik said, I use Rain-X, probably why I'm still on my original blades.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

wbarrwebster

Bought the flatter, non spring Wiper blades for both the "2" and my youngest's Fiesta from EBay about 3 months ago.........work ok so far!

To repeat an earlier question, has anyone fitted the single large wiper?

Cheers,

B
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

Here's a link to the units made by Storm

m http://www.autotintdesign.com/singlewipers.html m

Demon Tweeks also sell the same thing - I've never seen one fitted.

Rob

Jaik

What's the point of the single wiper conversion? Just to "look like a racing car"? Not having a go if that's why people want to do it, just curious if there's any benefit.

Ilogik

would something like this work ok?

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETROFIT-FLAT-Wip ... 286.c0.m14 m

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyata-MR2-MK3-20 ... 5394wt_941 m

or does someone have a link to a pair.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Ilogik

Ended up popping up to local motor factors picked one up a set of bosch supers for £8 for pair, seem to work ok.

ChrisGB

One thing that always bugged me about the MR2 is the way the aerodynamics throw a lot of trails of screen wash up the middle of the screen. The water seems to cling to the frame of the wiper and stream its way up the screen after washing. I thought I would try some Trico flat blade replacements out and so far I would say they do a better job than the Mr T ones I had on before. Much less water streaming up the middle of the screen and a good wipe generally.

I also got a set for the Mini and on there, they are maybe not as good as the OEM items.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Ilogik

the thing i hate is if your driving with the window open and use the window wipers youg et a car full of water.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Tags: