OK, i'm doing it.

Started by Anonymous, January 6, 2004, 13:48

Anonymous

Either a 2ZZ, a 1ZZ Turbo or a chunk of power on the 1ZZ.

Anonymous

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

When your back on the road do i get a spin in that then!   s:D :D s:D

GSB

Nice one WD, a bit of extra hp can never hurt! although I would recommend investing in some anti camera / laser type electronics... I got caught the other day and am seriously considering an Origin B2 as one of my next mods!

Oh, and can I still have your old exhaust manifold then?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

if your going to get it get the b2 now why the GB is on. I just ordered mine.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I'm looking into the 2ZZ first, i'll go from there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"if your going to get it get the b2 now why the GB is on. I just ordered mine.

B2 - the way forward - love mine! And it fits nicely in the door store.

<edit> sorry topic slip - slap me no more comments on the b2 please </edit>

Anonymous

Think i'll take a look at the Road Angel myself.

Tem

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I'm looking into the 2ZZ first

I'm actually hoping you'd go that way  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

juansolo

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Either a 2ZZ, a 1ZZ Turbo or a chunk of power on the 1ZZ.

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to all things toyoda, but are you considering a lump transplant?  I'm guessing the 2ZZ is the 190 Celica lump...?  Thought that was supposed to be a bit peaky?

Anyhow, if it is and that's the way you go...  What'll you're old engine be worth?  Any ideas how heavy it is?

...just curious you understand...
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

aaronjb

I seem to remember reading ~110kg earlier on SC for the 1ZZ-FE engine, with the 2ZZ-GE being some 15kg heavier.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Either a 2ZZ, a 1ZZ Turbo or a chunk of power on the 1ZZ.

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to all things toyoda, but are you considering a lump transplant?  I'm guessing the 2ZZ is the 190 Celica lump...?  Thought that was supposed to be a bit peaky?

Anyhow, if it is and that's the way you go...  What'll you're old engine be worth?  Any ideas how heavy it is?

...just curious you understand...

Yes, the 2ZZ is Toyota's 190 sports engine, I can smooth out the cam profile to get rid of the "peakynessnussness".

My old engine will be worth a couple of hundred at the most I would think.

juansolo

I may be interested in your old engine.  I expect it would be without gearbox and diff.  Handy but not essential if it has the induction plenum (would be wanting to fit throttle bodies but it could be a cheap way to get it going).  Same actually goes for the exhaust manifold and wet sump pan though I'd porbably only need those as templates and could return them afterwards.

I'm just thinking aloud.  I'm sure when I start pricing up the reality of this that I'll write it off as being far too expensive.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Tags: