Got My Strut Braces Updated with Pics!!

Started by uktotty, April 18, 2008, 16:05

uktotty

Well I got my front and rear struts. Will be fitting this weekend, anything I should know?

markiii

yeah those aren't struts
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

You'll need the torque settings and a wrench.
Plus a dremmel for the front plastics.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

oooooh torque wrench! dont have one of them!
Have a dremel so can cut the frunk.
What are they then Mark?

Anonymous

I never used a torque wrench on mine  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Nice and tight without going mad is the way to go, says I.

And I just left the frunk plastics out so that it might actually be possible to change a blown bulb in the middle of the night, should you need to. I then gave the plastics to Roger, god knows if he's still got them!

uktotty

LOL @ Dan!
Always the perfectionist!

Just had a horrible thought, can I get these home inside my car or do I have to fit them before I leave the office!

edward.carter

Quote from: "Ekona"I never used a torque wrench on mine  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Nice and tight without going mad is the way to go, says I
+1

markiii

strut braces  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Heard you the first time

Heard you the first time

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Just had a horrible thought, can I get these home inside my car or do I have to fit them before I leave the office!
Top down, they'll easily fit. Might be a squash otherwise.

markiii

they will fit fine roof up or down

Anonymous

Ignore me then  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

uktotty

Quote from: "markiii"they will fit fine roof up or down
Lets hope so as I wont get the hardtop in the boot either!

Anonymous

You've still got the hardtop on?!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

uktotty

Dan its a long story!
tried to buy a hardtop bag and stand, didnt get one. Wanted to buy one off here but he wouldnt drop the price.
Now I can get one on here for £50 but I gotta drive to Wales to collect it.
So hopefully soon I can get the stand, fit the bag, move the motorbike, create some space and take my hard top off!!

davidhowson

Be careful fitting the front brace. Do not over tighten the nuts when you fit them, I and some others have sheared the studs off and they are a pain to fix!

Anonymous

Take the HT off and leave it against a wall in the garage. Worked for me.

spit

Russ. You might find this useful.

Some of the later numbers seem to have dropped off the thread but the ones you need are there.

(although "29 ftlbs"?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock: . Is that really correct for the fronts?)

*slackens his nuts*

[Edit] - d'oh yes they're smaller than the rears aren't they.

*slackens his nuts and slaps his head*
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

uktotty

Cheers Ste
Just bought a torque wrench for a silly price (screwfix)
So I just chuck away the black tube thing then that connects to the firewall?

Wabbitkilla

Black tube that fits to the firewall??

Pray explain or show a picture
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Anonymous

Sounds like he's talking about the black cross brace  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Mind you if he does sling it, I can always sell him my old one.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

uktotty

Yeah Cross Brace!
That a good description of it.
What do I do with that?

Wabbitkilla

Muppet  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

No Russ it's in addition to the blackx-brace - see pixxure from SC;

uktotty

OH PANTS!!
Better take it all off again then!

Nearly bought the C-ONE Brace which had that bit built in last week for £60 but missed it.

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "uktotty"OH PANTS!!
Better take it all off again then!

Nearly bought the C-ONE Brace which had that bit built in last week for £60 but missed it.

Would that have been the one on eBay?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: