2002 SMT Promblems.

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2008, 09:45

Anonymous

Has anyone experienced a loss in power while driving their SMT?

It seems to happen randomly...

and when it does my pedal can be to the floor but the car barely even accelerates...

then after a few seconds it seems to pick back up again...but once i hit 5th gear and take my foot off the gas then press it again...my car wont rev any higher and barely increases in speed...

Anyone had a similar problem with their SMT?

I don't have any Check engine Lights or anything...

I had a brand new Air Filter put in and a brand new reflashed and updated ECU.

But the problem still persists...

it seems to happen more frequently after a fill up of gas...its NOT bad gas but could it be my fuel filter?

I did purchase some fuel injector cleaner which i thought solved the problem...but like a good dog...it keeps coming back!

Anyone have any idea or suggestions?

Chris

To me, if it was a dodgy fuel filter then i'm not sure why filling up would cause it to happen more often - unless it's somehow related to lower fuel pressure not being enough to clear any blockage or something?

I'd say it's more likely to be clutch related, or possibly early signs of smt actuator problems... How long have you been noticing the problems for? Does the pump sound when you open the door have a pretty much constant tone or does it drag on a bit and warble & flutter towards the end?

Have a check over on spyderchat.com as the smt seems to be more popular in the states..
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Hi there, the same thing is happening with my mr2! Did u get it sorted????

Tags: