Engine FUBAR

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2008, 14:56

Anonymous

I thank muffdan for his comments at the top of this page, It gives me hope that it will poss last untill I get enough money for a proper fix. in a few months

As for having the worn parts replaced, its just not viable with all the labour charges, engine out repair and put back in... as I couldn'd do it.

I had been advised for a full swap with a good recon and get it all sorted in a oner.

Wabbitkilla

Hmmm .... it's pretty much got to be oval bores Shane i'm afraid.

There's nothing yo can really do apart from dive into the engine and sort it, get a short block or whole replacement. It sound like otherwise it's fine and you're taking good care to make sure it's not short of oil. It's probably worth just exploring the rebore / short engine route.

I've forgotten, you don't have precats do you?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

No pre cats..

But I do have a sports Cat?

Do I need Another one now?

muffdan

not unless your CEL is on with an emissions threshold thingy error (technical term).
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

All is fine with that side of life...  s:D :D s:D

kanujunkie

Quote from: "shaneh"No pre cats..

But I do have a sports Cat?

Do I need Another one now?

sports cats dont last as long as normal cats anyway so ...........
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Wabbitkilla

You'll probably need a new cat after the repair.
But it'd be worth it just to repair the engine and test it afterwards.
If it works well enough and isn't causing back pressure then you don't need a new one, if it doesn't you will - about as simple as it gets really.

That's one of the problems with running so much oil through the engine, you're spending money on oil and in the end might spend money on a new cat (accepted that sports cats are cheaper than oem cats), at some point the cost of not dealing with the problem in time balances out against the cost of just biting the bullet and fixing the thing.

I know finances aren't always in the best shape to deal with things at the time a problem occurs - i was walking / public transport for a while earlier this year, mainly because i simply didn't have the time to fix the car. Luckily i live somewhere with good transport links.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

aaronjb

Sorry to drag this off topic, but the order of these posts amused me..

Quote from: "shaneh"Ive been shot at - on too many times to count - All Missed, RPG'd - Missed , Artillary bombardment - Missed- Sniped at - Missed / Just, Missed a Road side bombed by miniutes...  and the list goes on

Quote from: "nelix"All this on a plane?

Quote from: "shaneh"Yes that was on a track...

Remind me not to go on a track day with you.. I mean black flags are one thing, but RPGs & artillery? That's a bit excessive!  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

LOL now that funny...

Anonymous

I needed that....  s:D :D s:D

Wabbitkilla

Sorry that just got me thinking of a "The Young Ones" sketch...

Rick: "Vyvyan, where did you get that howitzer?"

Mad Bob

lol Aaron, I found the following order quite funny also.

Quote from: "shaneh"Ive been shot at - on too many times to count - All Missed, RPG'd - Missed , Artillary bombardment - Missed- Sniped at - Missed / Just, Missed a Road side bombed by miniutes...  and the list goes on

Quote from: "shaneh"I wouldnt do anything that I thought would harm myself or others...

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Hope all goes well with the car shaneh...
Converse Boot!

Tags: