1ZZ..

Started by Anonymous, April 26, 2008, 21:39

Anonymous

Hi folks, just a quickie - what is the full engine designation for the standard MR2?  I've tried researching it, and I come up with :

1ZZ-FED

is that the same as a 1ZZ-FE ?

Cheers
P.S. this is for an oil filter; there's 3 types for different engines.

kanujunkie

theres only one type of filter, small screw thread type, all 1ZZ's use the same. If you want a recomended one then call amber performance and ask them for a K&N gold filter p/n HP1003
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

kanujunkie

[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I was actually thinking (of the slow move over to TRD territory) to start with the TRD Oil Filter?

Good or bad?

markiii

K&N is better
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Better? Well, this is worth looking at   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

On a similar note, OpieOil's latest offer (for those who subscribed) on Purolator Filters - are they any good for air filters or are there better brands out there (which don't enhance performance to the extent of the APEXi)?

Anonymous

Another thought also - will fitting this non-standard filter void my dealership warranty?

northernalex

Quote from: "GroundZero"Another thought also - will fitting this non-standard filter void my dealership warranty?

It shouldn't. At the durham toyota they told me that you could fit non-standard parts, and although they didnt cause other parts to fail then your warrenty would be ok.

by the way, I have an opie puroillater oil filter and it seems ok.

Best,

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Liz

I have an opie puro watsitsface on my TTET and it has been fine so far!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: