Started by Anonymous, May 28, 2008, 16:51

Anonymous

Spray into the red hole

northernalex

Quote from: "Matt"Spray into the red hole

s;) ;) s;)

I sprayed at the top of that pic.. there is another opening thats folded over.  Might have been easier to spray there though.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

kanujunkie

you can also pop the whole rubber out of the gearbox for better access
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

dlivingstone_19

Ok thank you, made it very clear where I need ot spray.
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

northernalex

Re:
Quote from: "kanujunkie"you can also pop the whole rubber out of the gearbox for better access

Ahh the rubber just pops out? So I can get in and put some proper Li grease in there. My squeek came back after a few months, and I dont' want to risk squirting the stuff into my clutch this time.

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

onion86

Re:
*EDIT* oops nvm old thread
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

evileye_wrx

Re:
Quote from: "northernalex"Mine has been fine for over a week now.. including some spirited driving on the weekend supermeet  s:) :) s:)

Mmmmmm supermeat...... gaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhg   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Is the squeaking you talk of a permanant squeak that only stops when you press the clutch in?this is what mine is after a new clutch and gearbox bearings,not loud quite subtle though.

northernalex

Quote from: "life of bryan"Is the squeaking you talk of a permanant squeak that only stops when you press the clutch in?this is what mine is after a new clutch and gearbox bearings,not loud quite subtle though.

No squeeking is only when the clutch is travelling- no nasty gearbox noises. Pretty sure not a gearbox problem. Going to lube the fork when I get my ramps back from my theaving brother!  s:( :( s:(   s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:

northernalex

Resurrecting an old thread.

My squeek came back , then sometimes goes away, so I'm not bothered.

However, right at the end of the travel of the clutch pedal, right foot to the floor, sometimes I hear a "click" from the back of the car.  Some days I have it, some days I can pump the pedal a couple of times and hear nothing, not even a squeek. Can only hear when the engine is off. Any ideas? I'm thinking air bubble in the grease I've put in, as I can pump about 10 times, then push foot to the floor and hear the click, could be cavitation ??

As usual, no gearbox noises, no oil loss, no water loss. Probably related to the squeeky clutch thing. Maybe its time for a new slave cylinder. However, I think Id find it hard to ring warrenty direct and say " I want a new clutch/slave cylinder" they say? "Why" and I say "cos its squeeky" - I think Id get told to call back when it is slipping.

52K ish on the clock (slow driver in the offside seat)

Cheers ears.

Alex
evileye_xc said:

Dev

When I did my clutch install I used a product that called Honda 60 molly lube which can be purchased at any Honda motorcycle or car dealership.
  You may want to use a screwdriver and apply it on the back side of the fork where the pivot point is.

dlivingstone_19

Hi,

You said apply it to the clutch fork. I applied some lithium based grease inside the red circled section on the picture above. Didn't seem to make any difference.

I find it always squeeks a lot when I first start driving car. after a while driving it disapears.

Any more input would be great.

Cheers
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

dlivingstone_19

Any help, it's driving me mad!

I don't mind taking it to a garage. Would replacing the slave cylinder cure this?

I assume the sqeek is just coming from the fork pivot put. Just sounds like the section is dry and needs lubricating.

Can anyone draw a diagram of how the clutch fork and where it is?

Thanks

Toyota MRS Spec:

dlivingstone_19

Does anyone know if there is a Toyota Solution for this problem?
Thanks

Toyota MRS Spec:

andywood

Hi

I seem to have developed a squeek from the clutch when pressing the pedal in.

Always difficult to explain a noise in words, but when engine is off and i depress the clutch there is a squeek that starts half way on pedal travel and then continues as pedal is moving until it is fully depressed.
Noise is defo from rear of car and I can only assume part of the clutch cable linkage.

Does this sound like the squeek that is solved by the above instructions?? (Hopefully someone who has had the noise can relate to my description!!)

Cheers

Andy
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

stargazer30

Oh no my clutch started creaking!

But thankfully it was a different issue to the norm on here.  Mine was the actual pedal linkage at the front.  Theres a metal cylinder thing (technical term) that seems to join to a metal rod that then goes through the bulk head.  It doesn't even look like it has any moving parts that bit but when I nuked it with WD40 it stopped it.  I'd already tried the rest of the moving bits on the pedal assembly but none of them cured it.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

frogger

Quote from: "andywood"Noise is defo from rear of car and I can only assume part of the clutch cable linkage.

It definitely won't be from the clutch cable linkage, as there isn't any of that on the car   s;) ;) s;)

The whole system is hydraulic, so the parts to suspect are either:
(a) the pedal end (as indicated in the above post)
(b) the g'box end (which your post indicates is the case, as the noise is at the rear of the car)
(c) the hydraulic fluid itself (i.e. air bubble within the fluid sqeaking upon compression)

Option (a) is covered above. Heres a few notes on (b)...

The slave cylinder pushes one end of a bar, which is pivoted part way, causing the other end of the bar to move also - this other end of the bar is forked and pushes on either side of the bearing, sliding it down the input shaft and onto the the clutch pressure plate springs (and releases the clutch).

This gives 5 potential squeak points at the g'box end:
1) ball on the end of slave cylinder rubbing on one end of bar
2) ball on the pivot point rubbing in middle of bar, just inside g'box
3) release bearing squeaking when sliding down the input shaft (most likely option)
4) clutch pressure plate squeaking

Number three is the only likely candidate. However, just to touch on the possibility of air in the fluid - there's no harm in bleeding out the clutch fluid to be sure there are no squeaks due to air in fluid, look here for how to bleed a clutch:  l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29469 l  

Personally I would try a bit of grease first before bothering with bleeding. Regular brake bleeding is a good plan to maintain top notch braking, but clutch bleeding not as critical! Still one to do as a not-so-regular maintainence point though.

If/When attempting to apply any grease (attempt at solving situation 3) make sure not to apply too much.
As indicated in one of the much older posts, you dont want any excess going into the clutch mechanism.
When I replace a clutch I hardly put any grease at all on the input shaft, just the finest slither to ease things along.

andywood

Cheers for all the details!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

By linkage i did mean that from the end of the slave cylinder (via lever arm) to the clutch itself.

I think it must have been #2, as I removed the grommet and with a small squirt of lubricant the noise was gone. Guessing that this must have hit the ball joint/pivot just inside the g'box.

Getting new clutch soon as part of my turbo install so that will allow more of a detailed inspection in case it is anything more serious.

Thanks again for all the detailed write-up though, hopefully it will aid the next person who searches for 'squeeky clutch'!

Andy.
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

Tags: